Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parenting skills and SCI

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    you're a fucking mensch, guy.
    does that word have to be placed prior each and every comma.

Steve or Stephen what the heck.
    Try come here Dale with your kindness, tolerance, acceptence soft spoken please and thank you language and see if you can get a €100,000 construction project on time, quality assured and within budget. that's what i was talking about and train others to do so. At work people only respect the mighty euro not kindness and B/S. i'm well accepted in my own environment and so will my daughter be too
    unfortunatley i'm not well accepted in yours but i only blog in it and don't live in it. if i had to then i would try my best to adapt.
    Last edited by peterf; 07-23-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    mensch?
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    mensch?
    lol!!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Mensch: noun, Yiddish, meaning a person of integrity and honor.

I hope when I die, my Yiddish friends shall say "Betheny was a fucking, mensch."

i was wondering how some of you parent your kids while being chair bound my 12 year old daughter whom i love dearly has just recieved her exam results, although she did well results where just above average. she can do much better.
    i do believe she is spending too much time on facebook.
    Recently she had used the F word towards me. it incensed me only at the age of 18 had i ever done this the belt was always handy then. i too still believe in corporal punishment when all else fails but girls are different.
    Recently she has been answering back and wants to to go out with friends 7 to 8 pm is my curfew. we have booked many activities for her to chill out during summer recess, her friends come from very decent families but those street kids
    hanging around in public places i don't like.
    Your daughter cursed you? Hmmmmmm ... Why?

Too much time on Fb is hurting her grades? Restrict her PC usage. The age of twelve is pretty young for Fb, IMO. Unless you and her mother have complete access to her Fb account and know who her friends are and are not, know what is written, I would not go there. Too many perverts target girls and boys and know to gain their trust.

At her age, she is between child and woman. Your daughter is learning who she is and what her place is or is not in the world. She needs her family and wants to disown her family at the same time.

Also, her hormones are kicking in and she is feeling things she did not previously feel about her body, about the bodies of the men (or women) to whom she is attracted.

A daughter of twelve is too old to spank. Not only that, hitting a child of any age teaches hitting.
    Last edited by LaMemChose; 07-24-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Good or bad i think most children will adopt to the same life skills practiced by their parents
    so i'd better start improving my people skills. however i still want to be me. i cannot just switch it off not yelling when i'm angry. After years of teacher training i do this often in class in fact even my principle does this with us his staff sometimes.
    Yes, you can stop yelling in anger. It is a decision. If you truly cannot stop yourself, you have far greater problems than SCI.

Fortunately you are not the final arbiter of acceptable behavior and language.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I don't think you understand, either, Peter. (It's Stephen, btw, for stephen212, not "Steve").

Your kids won't be much, if any, different than their father and their mother.

Good luck with anything else.

You can't insist on being a hard headed, yelling, opinionated person without FULLY EXPECTING your children to be the same way.

Your reality is what YOU create with your influences, your thoughts, and your actions.

Your daughter is challenging you with the same energy you face the world with.

You raise your kids to be like you, whether you want it to be that way, or not. And, people like you don't generally get along very well with people like you.

Get it?

Love and acceptance is the only answer. At this point, kindness and tolerance are your only options, IMO.

Eventually, she'll pick up on that modeling and start dealing better, and being better, with you.

Get it?
    Perfection. **thumbs up**

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Mensch: noun, Yiddish, meaning a person of integrity and honor.

I hope when I die, my Yiddish friends shall say "Betheny was a fucking, mensch."
    And you so ARE.