Thread: HELP!!! Freewheel Perch

Angry HELP!!! Freewheel Perch

I am immensely frustrated! I have had my Freewhetl for 2 years and love it. I have never bothered to install the perch because I never needed it. Now, I want to use it. I have all the parts and the directions but none of the adapters that the freewheel clamps to fits. The largest one is too big and doesn't allow the clamp to lock on. The other three are much too small. I have a TiLite ZR (the original one) with the typical tube footrest with a plate. My Freewheel clamps securely onto my footrest withoot any issues.

I usually keep my Freewheel in my car when I don't need it but I am taking the train into Boston in the morning and want to use it for the train and streets but not while wheeling around the hospital or the various Dr's office. I am bummed, it's 2 am here and I just want this to work!
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." - My Grammie

I had the same problem. What I did was to glue a flat and relatively thin piece of rubber to the flat part of the backrest piece. This helps the piece to be the "right size"

Thanks maf- It will have to be a good size piece because my choices are very much too big or very much too small, It should be the larger if the middle pieces, but no go. Do you have a TiLite ZR?
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." - My Grammie

I am having the same problem. It took me forever to get the freewheel on right bc I have a different footplate cover to keep my feet straight. Never needed to install the perch until now. So many people love theirs, mine has done nothing but frustrate me.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.