Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paralyzed Woman on The Biggest Loser!!!??

Paralyzed Woman on The Biggest Loser!!!??

PLEASE help support my friend, Jamie Goodwin. She is a paraplegic, and she is so brave! She is determined to be the first person in a wheelchair to ever be on The Biggest Loser!

Watch her casting video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6FKV...ature=youtu.be
    Check out the blog my husband and I write about life, love, faith, marriage and disability: www.lovelikethislife.com

I cant wait to see what kind of exercises they give her, and how they arrange her nutrition.

Good luck to Jamie, I hope she gets on the show, I think she'd be a great contestant. And if she doesn't I hope she can find a way to lose weight.

That is awesome!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Wow, if she applied half of the initiative involved in putting together this high-production-value video audition into researching the rather simple methods necessary to losing weight -- eating less, cutting out the junk food -- she'd already be at her ideal weight. But then she wouldn't get to be on TV (snore) and exploit her disability. Stevie doesn't approve.

Good luck Jamie.....Great video!
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Wow, if she applied half of the initiative involved in putting together this high-production-value video audition into researching the rather simple methods necessary to losing weight -- eating less, cutting out the junk food -- she'd already be at her ideal weight. But then she wouldn't get to be on TV (snore) and exploit her disability. Stevie doesn't approve.
    i agree. and the excuse that she cannot cook well due to it being dangerous. sometimes i cook with my lab goggles on. gets the job done. plenty of recipes, online videos, changing eating eating habits etc to lose weight out there. if she cut out just the eating out alone, she'd lose around 5lbs in a week.

she seems to have access to a pool and gym, so could ramp up those activities and change her eating habits and would be well on her way to success!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    i agree. and the excuse that she cannot cook well due to it being dangerous. sometimes i cook with my lab goggles on. gets the job done. plenty of recipes, online videos, changing eating eating habits etc to lose weight out there. if she cut out just the eating out alone, she'd lose around 5lbs in a week.

she seems to have access to a pool and gym, so could ramp up those activities and change her eating habits and would be well on her way to success!

the fact is...this issue is much more than that and not as simple steven/cryptic..it is psychological..and a tough one to overcome..and maybe she needs this show for the MENTAL push and support and counseling they provide contestants. I hope she wins..but it did feel a little exploitive..but hey--that is tv..she knows they want to exploit and dramatize our injuries so she is playing into it to get the role. We gimps will be all over the tube soon lol!
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 07-18-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    the fact is...this issue is much more than that and not as simple steven..it is psychological..and a tough one to overcome..and maybe she needs this show for the MENTAL push and support and counseling they provide contestants. I hope she wins..but it did feel a little exploitive..but hey--that is tv..she knows they want to exploit and dramatize our injuries so she is playing into it to get the role. We gimps will be all over the tube soon lol!
    +1

More gimps on TV, can only be more motivation, and who knows may come up with some cool exercises we haven't thought of, plus may make more
    gyms more accepting for the rest of us.

The arguments against are equally valid for all of their contestants.
    It's a terrible show, I'd never watch it, but now I'd be intrigued to see what they'd be getting her to do.

+2

She's a grade six teacher (I assume that's full-time work?) and the mother of 3 children as well as a wife. I didn't see any housekeepers around. Exactly when is she supposed to fit her exercise into that schedule?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12