Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toot Toot..PhotoAbility.net story on Association for Disabled Americans

Toot Toot..PhotoAbility.net story on Association for Disabled Americans

Well, it has been a while since I was "live" again..and this feature on the Association's wonderful web page about my personal story..and my new website PhotoAbility.net is live as of today.

I wanted to share with you all...even though it can be a little too personal for my own comfort..and I share many things I have probably not even shared here...it is a story of my revival, and I hope you find the story, the photo library site, and the ADA site who wrote it worth a look..Thanks!

http://ada2000.org/website/davis-vs-goliath/
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 07-18-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

you rock!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    you rock!
    lol/.//so do you girlfriend! Many a days where you have taught me a thing or two on here! Sorry I missed your speech in NY! Maybe next year!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    lol/.//so do you girlfriend! Many a days where you have taught me a thing or two on here! Sorry I missed your speech in NY! Maybe next year!
    this is such a great article! i really hope one day we can meet! i just feel like i got to know you a lil better!

and i'd love to submit some photography to your site!! it is something i want to get back into doing again
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    this is such a great article! i really hope one day we can meet! i just feel like i got to know you a lil better!

and i'd love to submit some photography to your site!! it is something i want to get back into doing again
    I feel the same way...and I know we will meet one day..I havent been to NY since RUSK Institute Rehab..6 months there and I cried when I had to leave.

Please do submit!!..read contributors page for details..there is even a guide on the type of images that would work for leisure, lifestyle and travel focus. There is also many "special series" photographs that may be of interest.

Looking forward to seeing your submissions!

Yikes, I did my rehab at RUSK...
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    Yikes, I did my rehab at RUSK...
    I actually had a great experience there. They even had an accessible simulated apt set up on ground floor so we could spend the night and do daily living skills such as cooking. I was tasked to prepare a full dinner for rehab staff. I was taken to grocery store to purchase meal and I cooked in the kitchen a mean spaghetti and meat sauce.

My therapist was awesome and became a friend (cute too!), though I can't remember his name now. Here is a pic of me on the roof with my Mom. We (my rehab friends) used to drink beer on that roof and one night I smoked a joint a Jamaican cabby (snuck) gave me as I was upset and crying on the way home from a club my Dad took me too.
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 07-18-2012 at 09:40 PM.

you and yur mom are lovely.

Major props!

AWE THANKS JODY..SHE WAS AND IS QUITE A BEAUTY..

thanks LaMem..)