Thread: Zra vs aero z?

Zra vs aero z?

What's the differences between the tilite Zra and aero z?
    I'm thinking of getting a dealer demo chair as a backup and to play around with.
    I currently have a zra2 and was using the Zra when I was in rehab.
    Thanks,
    Tin
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

I have an AeroZ. My understanding is the only difference is the frame material (titanium versus aluminum); therefore the ZRA's frame is lighter and more durable than the AeroZ's. Some feature availabilities differ: for example Heavy Duty edition is available only for the ZRA.

Of course features of Series 1 & 2 differ for both chairs.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I have an AeroZ. My understanding is the only difference is the frame material (titanium versus aluminum); therefore the ZRA's frame is lighter and more durable than the AeroZ's. Some feature availabilities differ: for example Heavy Duty edition is available only for the ZRA.

Of course features of Series 1 & 2 differ for both chairs.
    Thank you.
    Since I have your attention can I ask you a question?
    I went from a 4" cushion to a 2" so I had to tweak the back and front height and foot rest. Now my chair is whobbling. Does that mean that te front casters are not level or square?
    Thanks,
    Tin
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

Possibly. After checking caster-fork squareness, also check for floating casters (frame squareness):

Attachment 45726
    Attachment 45727

Floating casters are common on Z frames.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

can the aero Z not handle power assist wheels then? is that what you mean by heavy duty edition? I am leaning towards aero Z for next chair, currently in GT for past year and very happy with it but have seemingly progressive problems and want to go even lighter next chair. have a lot of insurance problems don't expect to get a Titanium one covered. don't like Q7 design. want power assist to be an option if I need it. 4 years is a ways off though and there will probably be new designs out by then.

The AeroZ is compatible with power assist:

Attachment 45728

Attachment 45729

The Heavy Duty edition allows heavier users, and has nothing to do with power assist.

Attachment 45730
    Last edited by chasmengr; 07-18-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>