Thread: Magnetic Entry

Magnetic Entry

My van has the magnet entry in the passenger side tail light, where can I get a replacement magnet? Is it special? Will any magnet work?

Thanks in advance.
    ^^(A)^^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darty View Post
    My van has the magnet entry in the passenger side tail light, where can I get a replacement magnet? Is it special? Will any magnet work?

Thanks in advance.
    Any magnet will work.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Any magnet will work.
    Thanks but crap that's not very secure is it. Any idiot that watches me do it can walk up and do it themselves? I just want to see them drive with the no key, push button start, no drivers seat and hand controls lol... My guess is they wouldn't get far..
    ^^(A)^^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darty View Post
    Thanks but crap that's not very secure is it. Any idiot that watches me do it can walk up and do it themselves? I just want to see them drive with the no key, push button start, no drivers seat and hand controls lol... My guess is they wouldn't get far..
    Our van has a kill switch inside the back door that renders the magnetic switch inoperable. It doesn't help my son though because he can't get to it. I drive my sons van on occasion and I always go the wrong way with his gas brake controller. I have to be real careful not to launch it when I'm trying to stop it.

Blog Entries
    You can probably have a remote opener installed and use the magnet for emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Our van has a kill switch inside the back door that renders the magnetic switch inoperable. It doesn't help my son though because he can't get to it. I drive my sons van on occasion and I always go the wrong way with his gas brake controller. I have to be real careful not to launch it when I'm trying to stop it.
    No a kill switch wouldn't do me any good but I guess if it was inside the rear door or even the passenger front door I could close it with the magnet, open the door to kill the switch, then lock the door and close it. That might be an idea. My old van has a 6 button remote and alarm with keyless entry. My wife will only back up or pull up my van so I can get in if someone blocks me in. She is short so with my lowered floor she can push firm on the break and drop it in gear to just let it roll forward or back then back in park. She never touches the hand control.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    ^^(A)^^

If you lock your van the side doors should not open regardless if someone else came with a magnet. Those side doors should still be equipped with lock. If not you need to go see a local mobility dealer. I had two vans and both still locked. You could easily have them also mount a kill switch almost anywhere that you can reach.
    Ride It Like You Stole It!

Quote Originally Posted by kr420am View Post
    If you lock your van the side doors should not open regardless if someone else came with a magnet. Those side doors should still be equipped with lock. If not you need to go see a local mobility dealer. I had two vans and both still locked. You could easily have them also mount a kill switch almost anywhere that you can reach.
    No my side door does not have a loch it's an older full sized with a sliding side door and they totally removed the complete latch and lock system a long time ago. I have rented newer mini vans with remote locks and key less entry and the sliding side door on them does lock. I think a kill switch should do the trick in my situation.
    ^^(A)^^

So today I took a bag clip with a magnet off my fridge and went down and opened my van with it (cool beans). I guess I could drop one in my back pack for a backup...
    ^^(A)^^

I ordered a magicians magnetic ring off ebay for $6.00 and wear it on my right hand. It opens the van perfectly (very cool) so I don't need to dig out my key chain magnet.
    ^^(A)^^