Thread: Updates on my Permobil Corpus 500

Updates on my Permobil Corpus 500

I thought I would bring you up to date on how I am getting on with my Permobil Corpus 500 which I bought a few months ago. Well, the wheelchair is extremely comfortable, it's very quick which is what I like, I can get in and out of town in just a few minutes. The wheelchair hasn't given me any mechanical problems so to speak. However, it has developed a few problems which is very disappointing considering the amount of time I have had it for. From the word go the back rest is so noisy is ridiculous, you only have to fidget and leaned back a little bit and the backrest is creaking and groaning like an old man, there is no way you could sit in a cinema without annoying everyone. Also, an error code started flashing on my joystick, it's basically a leg rest error. I've had the dealership out and hopefully they are sorting it, that was about three weeks ago so I think they are going to need reminding. Finally, another error code started flashing, this time it was a bad cable error. Even though these error codes are flashing up, the wheelchair hasn't malfunctioned as of yet. But that doesn't mean everything is okay, I am certainly less than satisfied at the moment until permobil get their act together and sort these problems out they are going to have me on their back constantly.

If I'd known that I would have had these problems before I bought the chair then it may have had an influence on whether I did purchase one of these wheelchairs, the fact that I've had one for 12 years and it's given me 99% reliability meant that I really did want another one, I just hope I haven't made a big mistake.

For your info, I had the same legrest error and it quickly failed. The problem was quickly diagnosed by my tech as a defective actuator. He replaced it and it is fine. He said that Permobil got a whole bad batch of them. And my 3G seatback has gotten creaky.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    Finally, another error code started flashing, this time it was a bad cable error. Even though these error codes are flashing up, the wheelchair hasn't malfunctioned as of yet. But that doesn't mean everything is okay, I am certainly less than satisfied at the moment until permobil get their act together and sort these problems out they are going to have me on their back constantly.
    Yikes! Not the dreaded "bad cable error"!!!! This is the problem I was talking about in your other post (titled Your electric wheelchair) about the bad joystick & cables, which are made by PG Drives Technology. There are many complaints, but so far PG is not willing to recall the joysticks/cables or offer any solution. Permobil admits it's a problem with no solution offered at this time. Meanwhile, after a year and 7 months of nothing but trouble, my new Permobil C400 has been determined a Lemon and my vendor is talking with Permobil about a replacement. The trouble is I don't see how the replacement will be any better with these current issues unresolved. . .:-(