Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new chair

My new chair

Received my new chair a few days ago, it's an Infinite Rehab Solutions chair completely customised for me. The wheels aren't new but I had a pair of wheels and basically didn't want another set to store. The back is Velcro adjustable with a fold down cover. The footplate has guards on the sides and the front to stop my feet from coming off. Feels really good.

17W x 17H x 16D
    Attachment 45700

Attachment 45701

Attachment 45702

Attachment 45703

Attachment 45704

This forum needs a report button for people like FurGuru.

The bends of tubes haven`t been done properly with the correct tool, as you can see they don`t keep the same in bends.
    Nice customized chair.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyOT View Post
    This forum needs a report button for people like FurGuru.
    That would be the icon to the left.

for what reason is the front so large and far out? What's your disability/injury level if you don't mind sharing?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    The bends of tubes haven`t been done properly with the correct tool, as you can see they don`t keep the same in bends.
    Nice customized chair.
    I understand what you are saying and this particular guy that I get to make my wheelchairs has never had the particular machine that bends pipe in its form. That is it doesn't keep it is pipe shape around bends. I am no expert on the matter but apparently that is some sort of rolled pipe bending machine that he doesn't have. I mentioned it to him the first time I had chair made by him and this is my third but haven't really given it much thought since then. He lives on the Sunshine Coast where I do and comes to my door to measure me so that sort of customisation is hard to beat. He is a paraplegic and makes mainly hand cycles these days. I was actually going to get an aluminium chair made by him which is his latest model but he was concerned that wouldn't stand up to the rigours of E-Motion wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    for what reason is the front so large and far out? That's your disability/injury level if you don't mind sharing?
    I have used this particular style of wheelchair for approximately 6 years and really like the fact that it is very hard for me to knock my legs, in other words it really protects my feet and legs. My feet are locked in position by the front and side guards of the footplate by my request but the frame is so far out not for any particular reason other than that was his style of chair but I liked it because it protected my legs. Above all I would not have chosen this particular wheelchair had it not been for the fact that the Manufacturer is local, came to my house, regard him as a friend and completely customised it for me. I am C5/C6 complete injury.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by takenaback View Post
    Feels really good.
    The most important part of any chair.
    Most everything I say is

Congratulations on your new char. Nice that you have such a completely customised solution.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by takenaback View Post
    I understand what you are saying and this particular guy that I get to make my wheelchairs has never had the particular machine that bends pipe in its form. That is it doesn't keep it is pipe shape around bends. I am no expert on the matter but apparently that is some sort of rolled pipe bending machine that he doesn't have. I mentioned it to him the first time I had chair made by him and this is my third but haven't really given it much thought since then. He lives on the Sunshine Coast where I do and comes to my door to measure me so that sort of customisation is hard to beat. He is a paraplegic and makes mainly hand cycles these days. I was actually going to get an aluminium chair made by him which is his latest model but he was concerned that wouldn't stand up to the rigours of E-Motion wheels.
    An aluminium chair if is well done will stand up perfectly the rigours of the E-Motion wheels, specially a box frame like yours.

If the guy dosen`t have the bends machine, probably is using some home made machine like the pic, tell him next time he want to bend pipes put pressed wet sand inside them and cover the two edges of the tubes and heat where is going to get bend, that would help to keep the forms.