Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quickie Q7

FWIW, Q7 is incompatible with power assist.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I've had my Q7 for a while now without any problems - it's still a huge improvement over my last chair (Quickie GPV)

I kind of joined this site too late lol. My OT convinced me to get the Q7 after swearing by it and saying that my insurance won't cover a TiLite unless I was driving and needed to lift it into my vehicle. I'm set to get it soon and I'm nervous about it now.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenBorders View Post
    I kind of joined this site too late lol. My OT convinced me to get the Q7 after swearing by it and saying that my insurance won't cover a TiLite unless I was driving and needed to lift it into my vehicle. I'm set to get it soon and I'm nervous about it now.
    Private insurance likely would not have covered a Ti Lite even if you were driving and have to lift it. I sure know United healthcare wouldnt no matter how hard we tried so I had to go with a Q7 myself.

United Healthcare actually paid for my first TiLite ZR chair...
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

There are lots of people very happy with their Q7s. You're going to find the same thing with any model chair, some hate them some love them. I hope you love your chair and don't run into problems. I'm not very active but my chair has held up to some nasty stuff, like the night someone broke into my car and my roommate found the chair in pieces in the street behind my car. Luckily he found it at 5 am and leaves for work so early! I had to adjust one brake and the arm rests got scratched at their bend but that was the only damage. Even the paint was fine.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ryano View Post
    Private insurance likely would not have covered a Ti Lite even if you were driving and have to lift it. I sure know United healthcare wouldnt no matter how hard we tried so I had to go with a Q7 myself.
    I could see that they might not cover one of their titanium chairs, but I why not the Aero Z, it should have the same classification as the Q7.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I just got my chair replaced by Sunrise Medical at no cost to me, quickly too. I'm happy with the new one.
    Mimi

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    I could see that they might not cover one of their titanium chairs, but I why not the Aero Z, it should have the same classification as the Q7.
    I know plenty of people rolling around in titanium chairs paid for by private insurance, just have to have a good medical necessity for em.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by OpenBorders View Post
    that is straight ignorance, thats why ot's and pt's are garbage. i have private ins, ive had 2 zr 1's , zr2 and just got a tr 2. my zr2 was a 2010. cigna paid fror both with spinergy lx wheels and d's locks. i write all my own lmn. ins only cares abouyt adls in home, what u do outside of that means zero on getting tilites covered. tell your ot i said he/she is a mindless fucking idiot.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer