Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quickie Q7

Quickie Q7

So what's the general consensus on the Q7 since people have had some time to use them by now.

there really isn't one. Depends on the person and what their opinion is or experience was. There is a lengthy thread on the chair if you'd like to read it. I love my Q7.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

junk. quickie is mass produced garbage
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Im about 8 months into my "junk" and its doing just fine. And Im pretty damn hard on a wheelchair too.

Like Lin said...some love it...some hate it. I personally have friends who absolutely hate it. They have had to replace frames multiple times due to the frames cracking on the caster housing. If I was in the market for a new chair, I would not be looking at that one just due to what my friends have been through.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Ezra got his a couple of months ago. So far he loves it however, his first chair and nothing to compare it to. He did have a problem with the footrest however, was fixed right away by the company he purchased it through. A friend of ours is getting fitted today for one. He had a tlite prior and before that a Quickie. He is going back to a Q7. Also I have a cousin that was very helpfull in purchasing Ezra's chair as she too is a chair user for years. Like Lin said some like it and some dont. I am hoping that Ezra does not have problems with his frame as he too is very hard on things as an athlete.

For me I was an avid fan of Quickie til Sunrise bought them out. From there it was all downhill. My main problem with them is customer service, there is none. We had a CC member who recently had a frame replaced very quickly. I think it wa because SCI-OTR was involved and the rep. didn't want bad relations with the VA.

A major concern I have with the Q7 is the way the front casters stick out. They seem to be a magnet for hitting things and the angle they are at, hits them full force rather than glancing off like other front caster arms will. I feel it's a reason there are so many Quickie frames cracking at the caster housing.

I own both a Tilite ZRA and Quickie Q7. I have had the Q7 for 3 1/2 years now with no issues. I am very hard on wheelchairs and have beat the Q7 on the mean streets of Boston plenty of times and the chair is still holding its own. I actually prefer the wider caster setting for stability. I end up using the Q7 more than the ZRA, but that is my preference.

there are 2 caster arm selections, mine do not stick out and are swept back. With the Q7 you have to choose 1 inch inset per side and caster position 2 (what I have on my chair) or 2 inch inset on each side and caster position 1. Unfortunately the order form is not perfectly clear about this, which has caused problems when people tried to order caster position 2 for 2 inch of inset and didn't get what they wanted. What frame setting is best for your needs has to be determined before ordering so you know what you're getting and get what you need.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I think you either love it or hate it. It depends on what you want in a chair...easy adjustability or a chair that stays adjusted and doesn't bend /break.

I've had a Q7 for almost a year...can't wait to get my Ti Aero Z with emotions. I "lucked" out when i lost more function and had to get power assist wheels...the Q7 isn't compatible with them. My frame has been replaced due to bending, the casters & forks have been replaced at least 4 times due to bending / breaking the caster fork bolts, and my footplate is superglued over the bolts because they dont hold. I'm convinced my chair is permanently "out of alignment" because it always veers right, no ,after what's adjusted.

I do like how easy it is to change settings though - COG, dump, and backfest angle. It's also super lightweight for loading in the car over my lap in pieces. Would I ever get a Q7 again -no...but I think it has been a great chair to figure out what kind of settings work best for me and to adapt the chair as I lost more function.