Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question about handcycles

Quote Originally Posted by Craig80 View Post
    I hope you can really get into training. I've seen first hand how much one can improve.
    Yes, it all depends on the engine. Equipment is secondary in importance. The top two finishers in the Tour de France this year did not use "super bikes" with the latest technology.

The engine definitely matters most, that's why some athletes build theirs illegally. You're going to see both engine and equipment in Reno, Will and Muffy have both. We might come up Sunday, should be a great crit to watch. Best of luck Richard, you'll have a blast racing some of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Sure you will not regreat, i`m wondering if the girl could be an option
    now thats a training incentive. have her stradle your face bare ass naked and when you hit and hold your mph she gives you a little taste. i like sopurs stlye, lol.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
    Yes, it all depends on the engine. Equipment is secondary in importance. The top two finishers in the Tour de France this year did not use "super bikes" with the latest technology.
    for paras yes, for quads your equip is as important as training.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    now thats a training incentive. have her stradle your face bare ass naked and when you hit and hold your mph she gives you a little taste. i like sopurs stlye, lol.
    If i had a paralyzed 13 year old kid who loved coming to CCC to learn about handcycling, I would not want them to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    If i had a paralyzed 13 year old kid who loved coming to CCC to learn about handcycling, I would not want them to read this.
    good, if you had a 13 yo kid you should be monitoring the net activity,. this guy is 41, not 13. the sopur ad is not targeting young ppl obviously. if you were that concerned why quote it.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    good, if you had a 13 yo kid you should be monitoring the net activity,. this guy is 41, not 13. the sopur ad is not targeting young ppl obviously. if you were that concerned why quote it.
    I think that ad is great, and yes it is targeting young people. Shes not naked.

I don't have a 13 year old, but I know you get my point, was just interested in your response; which is pretty much "I'll be myself, everyone else watch out".

The way I view the internet is that it is like a shopping mall. Everyone is there and able to hear what you say. Open forums like this are like the food court and so I act and talk like I'm in the food court. I'd never say out-loud what you posted in the food court at the mall. I might think it.

If I had a family and we were sitting next to you eating when you said that out loud, I'd have moved my family and made a polite comment to you as we left.
    Last edited by MarkB701; 07-26-2012 at 09:36 AM.

I'll add to that; we are both type-A men around the same age. I'm not expecting a comment from me telling you to watch your language to particularly upset you; and any comment from you telling me to mind my own busines doesn't particularly upset me either. We're just speaking our minds.

Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    I think that ad is great, and yes it is targeting young people. Shes not naked.

I don't have a 13 year old, but I know you get my point, was just interested in your response; which is pretty much "I'll be myself, everyone else watch out".

The way I view the internet is that it is like a shopping mall. Everyone is there and able to hear what you say. Open forums like this are like the food court and so I act and talk like I'm in the food court. I'd never say out-loud what you posted in the food court at the mall. I might think it.

If I had a family and we were sitting next to you eating when you said that out loud, I'd have moved my family and made a polite comment to you as we left.

Fuente, I'm not telling you what not to say. You do what you want.
    That is classic John...not classy just classic