Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Stew in China May 11, 2004

Since arriving Tuesday I have now had 2 blood draws, x-rays of my neck, ultra sound of kidneys and bladder,respiratory test and today an electrical muscle graph. (This is what the student nurse called it) This included needles in my feet, legs above the knees, hands, shoulders, 5 in the top of my head plus pads on my back. Electrical current was recorded on a laptop along with the effect of my efforts to move certain muscles. This test involved some pain but the Doctor doing the test said I should be very close to being able to walk. This is interesting because I have no visable leg movement. My leg muscles did register on the computer. Surgery may be as soon as late next week.

Best of Luck, Stew.

"I guess pain is a great motivator."- Yanni

Great to hear from you Stew. I'm surprised she told you any thing. Be causious many things get mixed up in translation. I couldn't get her to crack a smile. Man those electric pulses are just on the verge of feeling good to painfull. Take care and good luck. Say hi to all.

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given you."
    Gandolf the Gray

The EMG is showing the periphere nervesysteme and on a patient with SCI it will show normal action.

TH 12 incomplete 12-12-69. I am still a walker but I do not know for how long time.

Hi Stew, still need the shower chair? my husband is departing on May 23rd to see his son Chris Ackerman who is @ Beijing hosptial now. They are re-growing his cells and will have OEG surgery on May 21st if all goes well. let us know if you still need the chair maybe we can help.

Leo, they still mention your name here. I found the EMG impulses felt like stabs at my level of injury. Hito, a T7 from Japan, said he felt the same stabs but Chris, C-2, did not. And she never smiled while giving the test but did when I said thank you in Chinese. The old shower chair has returned. They made a metal frame under it and the whole thing looks new. Even the duct tape is gone. Great worksmanship. I am still getting info on a second one for them which I hope to buy. I have been told I need a new MRI due to mine being over 6 months old. We are hearing cells are being cultured and operations will hopefully begin Thursday. Chris, Hito then myself. DR Liu discussed with me today an estimate of what I might hope to see in recovery. Let's hope. Also, phone cards are 50 yuan $6. My first one ran out today.

Hey Stew,
    Sounds like your really on your way, i am aware of how the EMG feels i have had one. keep up the good work on the shower chair. We look forward to your posts.

merco

What do you mean you are still a walker but you don't know for how long? Did you mean to say you are using a walker and don't know for how much longer?

merco

looking for info on to sign up for surgery in china. Can you please pass on any info about it.
    Cost? How long of wait? My injury is T3-6. since
    2/21/04. I'm 21 years old and very eager to find
    improvement. Have nothing from chest down. ravenblu@bellsouth.net

Hi Stromberg, welcome. All the information you're looking for can be found in the topic at the top of this forum called 'Summary of topics related to Dr. Huang's OEG procedure.'