Thread: If given the choice which is better a Levo Standing wheelchair or a Superstand?

If given the choice which is better a Levo Standing wheelchair or a Superstand?

I'm looking into a standing wheelchair right now and debating between a Levo LAE or a Superstand SS? Which one is lighter and more easy to manuver and better? Any ideas anybody? I don't want something too heavy, I know the Levo LAE is 45 lbs not sure yet on the Superstand? The Superstand must be more heavy because it is a steel frame vs Aluminum I believe.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

We had a demo from Standing Company. I didn't have an opportunity to weigh it but it was very heavy. Lots of thick steel plate. My guess would be somewhere near 100 lb. I don't think as an AB I would have even been able to lift it into a van.
    We didn't try Levo so I can't comment. Lifestand was the one we chose.

Hi Curt, I was informed (by the Levo dealer that we have used), that "there is a NEW LAE coming that is much more stylish, lighter and less expensive than before". See attached pdf.

Whether you consider the new concept to be more stylish or not, the reduction in weight and cost must be attractive...

Unfortunately I don't have a release date...nor any other info. So it would be worth contacting Levo direct and getting more details.

FYI my son used a manual Levo, electric stander, that he has now outgrown. His only complaint was that the electric standing was very slow, hence the reason we have started to look at a new LAE. As a parent, our only issue with the Levo was its weight, so a new lighter model seems like a great idea.

I don't have any experience with the Standing Company, as they don't do paediatric chairs. But from looking at their website versus the Levo one, the Standing Company chair doesn't seem to get you very near vertical, whereas the Levo one does? (May just be the way I was seeing the pictures, I may not be correct...).

If you do decide on a Levo, ask them if there are any ex-demos or refurbished ones. That's what we ended up getting (at less than half the new cost), and were more than happy with the quality etc.

Cheers,
    Gordon
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Thanks, I'm going to have to investigate the New Levo and find out when it comes out, that sounds just like what I was thinking of, nice simple design, lightwieght, portable. Something like that with e-motions M15's would be perfect.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred