Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suboxone..Everyone should read

Suboxone..Everyone should read

If you have not tried it you should. It works - my mornings that I hate so much are 100% better. My feet still burn on and off but no shoulder or bicep pain. My morning pain is 80% gone. Maybe others will get the same relief I am getting. I take 2 8mg films (they dissolve under your tongue)

I hope SCI Nurse or Dr. can comment on this.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyG View Post
    If you have not tried it you should. It works - my mornings that I hate so much are 100% better. My feet still burn on and off but no shoulder or bicep pain. My morning pain is 80% gone. Maybe others will get the same relief I am getting. I take 2 8mg films (they dissolve under your tongue)

I hope SCI Nurse or Dr. can comment on this.
    What were you taking before? Does it cause constipation like other opioids?

Thanks.

T8 -- since suboxone contains the opioid buprenorphine, it's likely to cause constipation, even at the low doses contained in suboxone.

BillyG -- I'm pleased it's working so well for you. How many people who you've told you're taking it mistakenly think you're a recovering drug addict?
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Well my pain is all central burning pain in my core. Would it help that?

Quote Originally Posted by ECUrach85 View Post
    Well my pain is all central burning pain in my core. Would it help that?
    If what you are talking isn't working you should talk it over with your doctor. Unless you are your own advocate in searching for what will work for you they will just give pump you full of gabaprentin and never try anything else. Buprenorphine is typically given to people to get them off of opiate dependence but it is prescribed off-label for neuropathic pain. I am going to bring it up with mine and see what he says, methadone works okay for me but my feet still burn and the constipation is a constant struggle.

THC, T8B, Rachel,Billy - I think Perdue is starting to make BuTrans patches that last for 7 days for chronic pain conditions - these are the people who came up with " the hit single" Oxycontin and the patent on the wax imbedded delivery system. I think the name is not readily recognized by most lay people as associated with recovering drug addicts, certainly less than the name: Methadone. I would like to try this new med some day. I hear Perdue is having some challenges with skin issues due to irritation with a patch staying in place for 7 days. Mr. cheapskate here worries that new drugs cost a lot of money, and you can't beat oxycodone or methadone from a price standpoint.

I have extremely bad mornings. I can actually stretch now without having spasms. My pain doc is using it alot for other patients for pain. I was very sceptical to try until I spoke to them and not one said it did not work although I am the only sci patient in the clinic. All I can say is that it really works well for ME and I wanted to share with others and hopefully it helps them. Obviously speak to your docs. I am not taking this to get off drugs. I dont withdrawl the pain is 100xs worse than withdrawl symptoms therefore i feel pain when I stop taking narcs.

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    T8 -- since suboxone contains the opioid buprenorphine, it's likely to cause constipation, even at the low doses contained in suboxone.

BillyG -- I'm pleased it's working so well for you. How many people who you've told you're taking it mistakenly think you're a recovering drug addict?
    My friends all know what i'm going through so not really anyone. Even my mom who owns a drug treatment center said that her clients who take it for that reason said that they no longer have pain that they previously had.

Hi, I'm a T5/6 Canuck & I've been taking 840 mg of m-eslon per day (300,240,300) for 5+ years and while my short acting statex consumption has drastically dropped in last couple years my MD is finding this amount to be untenable. In addition I'm taking 100mg Lyrica 3x daily.

I want to get off the morphine but am hesitant to get on methadone as a replacement. A nurse at my MD's office suggested that I look into Suboxone and Click! I found this thread. Any thoughts or opinions would be welcomed.

That super-long half life scares me. What if you need surgery? You have to get it out of your system prior to any other type of standard pain protocols as far as I can tell.

Ever since I snapped my leg in 2, this has worried me.