Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hope vs. Hype

Hope vs. Hype

http://unite2fightparalysis.wordpres.../hope-vs-hype/

Check out the July blog entry by Marilyn Smith the Executive Director at Unite 2 Fight Paralysis.

It doesn't look like you've written about Dr. Young's trials on that site. Do you not take him seriously? I ask because you know more about cure than I do, so if you don't think Wise is worthy of attention, that's notable to me.

Good post GRAMMY. I'd dearly love to make it to Working2Walk this year

SCI Research is a job that is campaigned for. If there was any promise anywhere a trial would result. Big Pharma only bets on winners. There are no cures, really for anything. Just many many treatments.
    Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"

Quote Originally Posted by rjg View Post
    It doesn't look like you've written about Dr. Young's trials on that site. Do you not take him seriously? I ask because you know more about cure than I do, so if you don't think Wise is worthy of attention, that's notable to me.
    @rjg & jhope: My personal blog is about spinal cord injury research and advocacy efforts. Not so much for reporting on all the miracles in clinical trials, campaign fluff, overseas treatments or biotech stockholder information. That material would be pretty redundant. There is no cure yet, so I'm part of a wider effort that empowers the sci community towards a cure for chronic paralysis through advocacy, education and support for research both National and International. http://spinalcordinjuryresearchandadvocacy.blogspot.com/

I, along with others keep a sci clinical trial chart at the U2FP site updated. http://unite2fightparalysis.org/clinicaltrials.

Hope vs. Hype is the name of the July monthly blog. The blog appears each and every month at the U2FP site and is written by the Executive Director. Marilyn Smith keeps her thumb on the pulse of the community and writes her blog about all kinds of different subject matter concerning the sci community throughout the year. You can sign up easily for a subscription at this link for the most recent blog articles.
    https://www.z2systems.com/np/clients/u2fp/subscribe.jsp

I would love for you to visit the site! You can also follow our work and support through facebook and twitter.

http://www.unite2fightparalysis.org/ is the voice of the cure.

Unite 2 Fight Paralysis is a volunteer-based, 501c3 organization. Our time is devoted to numerous outreach projects, including:
    1. Development and distribution of tools to empower the paralysis community on its march toward a cure;
    2. Visits to labs and publication of our findings, as we show our support for research scientists who are committed to finding a cure;
    3. Ongoing communication with the paralysis community, providing support and encouragement in the fight for a cure;
    4. Publication of the latest available information on cure therapies and paralysis statistics;
    5. Organization of Working 2 Walk and other advocacy events to raise the voice and visibility of the paralysis community;
    6. Expansion and publication of Bridges 2 Hope, an online vehicle where survivors of paralysis can share their stories for the advocacy movement;
    7. Partnership and coordination of efforts with pro-cure groups worldwide.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 07-13-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Dr.Young has put tremendous time and effort to see if cord blood and adjunct meds can restore or improve function in chronic sci. This is not some reseach study on rats or animals but AN ACTUAL APPLICATION OF A THERAPY BASED ON THE LITERATURE!
    If it proves anything good or bad it will A. work and be applied as a treatment or b. stop everyone else from charging $50,000 usd for a therapy that will be shown not not work.

It also opens the door to why it works on rat models and not humans. That alone may change the protocols on what is human trial worthy. All research does is suggest a treatments that maybe or might warrant further study or suggest promise leading to more studies, more grants, and more paychecks for researchers .

right now If a treatment could give you at least 1 level improvement that would be a miracle.
    Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"

I like your site, generally

I was surprised to see an advertisement for http://stemcellschina.com at bottom of the blog's web page (keep hitting refresh and you will see it). Now that's irony!

Hummm, I can't seem to find anything like that when I keep hitting refresh. I'm not sure what is coming across the newswire feeds and advertisements at any given time...I can't seem to see it in the daily feeds and only see yogurt, knee repair and twitter ads...I never pay attention to the junk ads and newsfeeds. Who knows what all stuff is about...maybe a google thing.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 07-13-2012 at 06:01 PM.

I don't see any advertisement on Google Chrome?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

A great post. Sometimes I forget to check the blog, but when I get there, I'm always very impressed with what I find.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King