Thread: My injury

My injury

9 months post, C4 was complete at first then changed to incomplete. Motor is now C7 on the right side, C5 on the left ( though C6 power is 2/5 ) .sensory is on C7 (middle finger) even though I can feel my scapula on the back of my shoulders. Muscle tone is 1+ in lower limbs. I also have deep anal pressure sensation and the deep tendons reflex which were absent. Is this amount of recovery considered good for 9 months?

i would say any recovery is good recovery take what you get and do with it what you can.

yes good recovery and it can take up to one year or slightly longer to see full effects if one was to regain strength, function and sensation.

pbr

Thx for the replies. I forgot to mention that I'm 26 I was involved in a horrible roll over car crash my friend who was driving passed away his mustang was cut in half . I id rehab in Israel and Jordan, it was a great experience hydrotherapy, lokomat and of course OT and PT. I've been home since April I do physio and OT 2 hours a day and passive cycling for legs, active for hands and I bought a tilt table I do half an hour everyday. And I do an outpatient twice a week in a rehab centre. There's something strange about my fingers in my right hand, whenever I breath in (inhale) or when someone stretches my right leg they start moving especially the thumb and middle finger. Also my feet when someone tickles them the whole ankle and fingers move. Are these good signs orjust normal reflexes? Also there's this guy who does reflexology does it help if I do it?

Can you feel the sensation when someone tickles you? Reflexology is another form of therapy. Any healing or return in function essentially occurs at the spinal cord. Once the swelling and damage of the cord has settled down then that is when either improvement or stability occurs.

pbr

i am a c5 c6 complete since 1990 and i continued to regain function for many years after my injury.

every sci is unique but i believe your effort put in doing rehab / therapy will be reflected in how much return you get.

if i didnt push myself even after therapy ended the i probably would never be able to dress myself, drive, cook etc. because i wasnt independent in doing those things until after 3-4 yrs post injury and after 7 yrs post injury my left triceps started coming back b/c i changed the way i transfer.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Can you feel the sensation when someone tickles you? Reflexology is another form of therapy. Any healing or return in function essentially occurs at the spinal cord. Once the swelling and damage of the cord has settled down then that is when either improvement or stability occurs.

pbr
    No I can't feel it, it just moves/jerks by itself.

Hi Gladiator I hope you continue doing your workout regimine
    I still get odd new feelings ( Sensations ) many years after my Accident I was complete now I labelled myself as incomplete because I do all my own therapy for many years because I never had OT or PT''s so I've been on my own and it is ok .....
    Everyone heals at different rates / time tables
    do the best you can and hang in there
    Sincerely ;
    GL

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    No I can't feel it, it just moves/jerks by itself.
    sounds almost like spasms from the 'irritation' of being moved.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

I am 57, 2 yrs post injury, c4-c7 incomplete. Everyday there seems to be some change. however minute. I have been told with incomplete injuries, people can and improve over years. I simply keep trying and working at it.