Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bmw 3 series need pics of hand controls

bmw 3 series need pics of hand controls

I just purchased a bmw 328xi I would like to pictures of hand controls installed on a 3 series. I am hoping on using the mobility products design style but would like to see what others are using and would like to know or see what is done with the brake pedal. I find the brake pedal in the car is really low and can't get my feet under and befind it like the other cars I have. I wuld ike to get the pedal removed but with some type of easy to put it back in so others can drive the car without using the hand controls.

Here a pic from my 320ci with Guidosimplex handcontrol ....

What seats are them? I have power seats and am guessing I have sport seats that are not too comfortable. I got mine used so their was nothing I could really do about the seats. I would like to swap mine out for power ones like what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by RideRed View Post
    I just purchased a bmw 328xi I would like to pictures of hand controls installed on a 3 series. I am hoping on using the mobility products design style but would like to see what others are using and would like to know or see what is done with the brake pedal. I find the brake pedal in the car is really low and can't get my feet under and befind it like the other cars I have. I wuld ike to get the pedal removed but with some type of easy to put it back in so others can drive the car without using the hand controls.
    RR-

I have long legs and size 13 shoes- my feet fit under no pedals. I've found that crossing my legs (Indian or Criss-cross, apple-sauce) not only gives me more room up front, but also stabilizes me a little more in the turns.

Have fun!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by RideRed View Post
    What seats are them? I have power seats and am guessing I have sport seats that are not too comfortable. I got mine used so their was nothing I could really do about the seats. I would like to swap mine out for power ones like what you have.
    is M-pack sport seats

Here's a link to one of the guys at TiLite in his BMW - http://www.youtube.com/user/TiLiteCh...20/Ete8WfIvvv0

There a couple different models of BMWs on the TiLite channel too.

We all use different controls, but none of us extend our legs and put our feet under the brakes. Herco16 has the right idea for added stability (Criss-cross, apple-sauce - awesome!) I'll get some pics of the various hand controls and seating positions and post them.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

LifeOnWheels - where did you find the additional neck support below the headrest?
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

I will have to try that with my legs and see how that works. i liked watching the videos mine looks like the same year as the gray one but mine is blue. It was nice to see other people who actually get into a car the sameway I do. I have a quickie xtr which has a little thicker frame so it is a little harder to fit between the wheel and my chest but I make do like all the rest of us always do.

Hand controls will be going in soon as soon as they get the brackets in. I don't think I will put a plate on the floor over the pedals I don't want to drill through the floor I am going to try it with out for a while. I also want to get one of those seats like above but it seems harder than I though to get one with out spending a ton of money at the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    LifeOnWheels - where did you find the additional neck support below the headrest?
    from ebay ....

@TiLite, I checked bmw 3 series section at this blog and I found pics of seating position and more you find for.