Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Total and Permanent vs Unemployable

Have you connected with the PVA's PAVE Voc Rehab program? This is how we now get VR services for our SCI Veterans after many years of being dissatisfied with the VR program at our VAMC (which too heavily emphasized mental/emotional disability and not physical disability needs).

(KLD)

I wasnt aware the pva had a separate voc rehab program

Quote Originally Posted by NHsciGuy View Post
    I wasnt aware the pva had a separate voc rehab program
    Click on the link above. I assume the NH in your name means New Hampshire? The closest office to you is in Boston, but they cover NH too:

Boston

Vocational Rehabilitation Office
    West Roxbury VAMC
    1400 Roxbury Parkway, Rm. AG 60
    West Roxbury, MA 02132
    Phone: 857-203-6091

(KLD)

Do you have to be 100% service connected for spinal cord injury to get Aid & Attendance benefits? Or could you have been injured after service?

You do not have to be service connected at all, with a spinal cord injury, to receive A&A. You do have to go through a lot of hoops to get there. Contact PVA or your closest VA about benefits. Good luck!
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Not all NSC veterans are eligible for A&A, but it is good to try to find out if you are eligible. If you are on VA pension, you are likely eligible. Here is some good information about it:

http://www.canhr.org/factsheets/misc...attendance.htm

http://www.alfa.org/images/alfa/Toolkits/VAToolkit.pdf

(KLD)

For some veterans A&A is their VA pension. And yes, eligibility payment received goes by what your income is.
    From the time you were born till you ride in a hearse, there is nothing so bad that it couldn't be worse!

All fringe benifits must be authorized by Helen Waite, if you want your SCI fixed go to Helen Waite!

Why be politically correct when you can be right!

Thanks guys. sounds like my PVA rep gave me some bad info. Maybe I'll apply on my own.

Okay, another question then. Can a veteran get Aid & Attendance *AND* Fee Based Bowel & Bladder payments simultaneously?

Quote Originally Posted by ip View Post
    Okay, another question then. Can a veteran get Aid & Attendance *AND* Fee Based Bowel & Bladder payments simultaneously?
    Yes, that is possible if you qualify for both.

(KLD)