Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Help with order form

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    coastal NC
    Posts
    184
    SCI-OTR came aboard while I was pecking-out my thoughts based stricitly on my very fresh, very limited, experience. Here goes anyway.

    Good long list of numbers Exumer, generating priceless feedback.What I’m picking up isn't particularly “priceless” as I’m a fairly-new here BUT, going down your list here’s my 2¢:

    • Don’t know what dealer you’re working with, but do pressure them about all special deals/coupons – extra dealer discounts are always floating around the internet. Worked for me Big Time.
    • Front angle 80º - 85º rightly being discussed FWIW.
    • RSH - 1” dump??. Hand/hub placement & cushion thickness being discussed.
    • COG 1” - horrible push, no way! Typo maybe? Based on certain other factors and chair model range-of-adjustment 2.0-3.5” is the norm.
    • Seat depth 18” - being disussed. Might be OK, but only YOU really know … I prefer shorter than longer for easier in/out and the ability slouch my feet to the side and floor when I have a hanker. Back of knee is almost three-fingers off my Stim Sport. This particular mix just happens to suit me and my condition. Your’s WILL vary!
    • Seat Uph - The G 10 solid pan is, frankly fantastic, and the weight penalty is nil. The sling-thing, did nothing but cramp my structure the short period of time I rode that way.
    • Back type and height - be sure you check the “with locking back” NCO option to get this feature. Also, unless you KNOW a short back will work for you day in and day out, think about the ‘medium’ back with a 12” minimum, with more in case you find more is better, say 14” in my case.
    • Footrest width 16.5” - be real careful with this. I worried about this spec right up to the time the chair arrived at out door. Getting it right is CRITICAL as to how sweet the chair will work for you – yes, you’ll get by if you screw up but who wants to always be really uncomfortable and bash into things you otherwise wouldn’t?
    • Casters 5 x1” Billet - Going for 5” casters sez you’re gonna be out and about. You will regret it if they are not 1.5” wide. The Tilite Joke is they STILL don’t offer a 1.5” (1.4”) width! Order Slipstreams with 1.5” plastic/poly casters (+$80), then order Frog Legs 5 x1.4” R6 bearing Alum Hub Soft Rolls ($83) from the dealer, then slap those amazing things on when you get your chair. The alternate, equally-fine-and-less-expensive option would be to order TiLite titanium stems, NCO forks and casters and separately order FL Unitine forks and 5 x 1.4” FLAHSRs from a dealer … but that would screw up your “SuperLite” package.

    Look forward to seeing your new chair in the flesh!

  2. #32
    Senior Member ~Lin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,070
    so your current chair is 20 inches wide?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

    I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by nofuss View Post
    SCI-OTR came aboard while I was pecking-out my thoughts based stricitly on my very fresh, very limited, experience. Here goes anyway.

    Good long list of numbers Exumer, generating priceless feedback.What I’m picking up isn't particularly “priceless” as I’m a fairly-new here BUT, going down your list here’s my 2¢:

    • Don’t know what dealer you’re working with, but do pressure them about all special deals/coupons – extra dealer discounts are always floating around the internet. Worked for me Big Time.
    • Front angle 80º - 85º rightly being discussed FWIW.
    • RSH - 1” dump??. Hand/hub placement & cushion thickness being discussed.
    • COG 1” - horrible push, no way! Typo maybe? Based on certain other factors and chair model range-of-adjustment 2.0-3.5” is the norm.
    • Seat depth 18” - being disussed. Might be OK, but only YOU really know … I prefer shorter than longer for easier in/out and the ability slouch my feet to the side and floor when I have a hanker. Back of knee is almost three-fingers off my Stim Sport. This particular mix just happens to suit me and my condition. Your’s WILL vary!
    • Seat Uph - The G 10 solid pan is, frankly fantastic, and the weight penalty is nil. The sling-thing, did nothing but cramp my structure the short period of time I rode that way.
    • Back type and height - be sure you check the “with locking back” NCO option to get this feature. Also, unless you KNOW a short back will work for you day in and day out, think about the ‘medium’ back with a 12” minimum, with more in case you find more is better, say 14” in my case.
    • Footrest width 16.5” - be real careful with this. I worried about this spec right up to the time the chair arrived at out door. Getting it right is CRITICAL as to how sweet the chair will work for you – yes, you’ll get by if you screw up but who wants to always be really uncomfortable and bash into things you otherwise wouldn’t?
    • Casters 5 x1” Billet - Going for 5” casters sez you’re gonna be out and about. You will regret it if they are not 1.5” wide. The Tilite Joke is they STILL don’t offer a 1.5” (1.4”) width! Order Slipstreams with 1.5” plastic/poly casters (+$80), then order Frog Legs 5 x1.4” R6 bearing Alum Hub Soft Rolls ($83) from the dealer, then slap those amazing things on when you get your chair. The alternate, equally-fine-and-less-expensive option would be to order TiLite titanium stems, NCO forks and casters and separately order FL Unitine forks and 5 x 1.4” FLAHSRs from a dealer … but that would screw up your “SuperLite” package.

    Look forward to seeing your new chair in the flesh!
    Thanks for your input nofuss. I really appreciate all the feedback ive been getting in such short time. Im a complete noob so every bit helps. In terms of the COG, the rep said the ZRA has this feature fully adjustable and said to leave it at a default 1" and I can adjust it as I see fit. The rep seemed kind of clueless when it came to things like dump and camber. When I asked 'what is the benifit of adding more dump/camber' he couldn't really give a response so I just picked the smallest option until I could get further clarification. My footrest is one of my big concerns. I dont know if its the angle of the frame or the type of foot rests but my legs are all over the place right now. I have a completely boxed frame so the rep said I might want to look into tapering the width of the foot rest to help keep my legs in place. As for the casters/wheels I was thinking of getting round betty's when all is said and done for the chair I just kept those as default.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by nofuss View Post
    SCI-OTR came aboard while I was pecking-out my thoughts based stricitly on my very fresh, very limited, experience. Here goes anyway.

    Good long list of numbers Exumer, generating priceless feedback.What I’m picking up isn't particularly “priceless” as I’m a fairly-new here BUT, going down your list here’s my 2¢:

    • Don’t know what dealer you’re working with, but do pressure them about all special deals/coupons – extra dealer discounts are always floating around the internet. Worked for me Big Time.
    • Front angle 80º - 85º rightly being discussed FWIW.
    • RSH - 1” dump??. Hand/hub placement & cushion thickness being discussed.
    • COG 1” - horrible push, no way! Typo maybe? Based on certain other factors and chair model range-of-adjustment 2.0-3.5” is the norm.
    • Seat depth 18” - being disussed. Might be OK, but only YOU really know … I prefer shorter than longer for easier in/out and the ability slouch my feet to the side and floor when I have a hanker. Back of knee is almost three-fingers off my Stim Sport. This particular mix just happens to suit me and my condition. Your’s WILL vary!
    • Seat Uph - The G 10 solid pan is, frankly fantastic, and the weight penalty is nil. The sling-thing, did nothing but cramp my structure the short period of time I rode that way.
    • Back type and height - be sure you check the “with locking back” NCO option to get this feature. Also, unless you KNOW a short back will work for you day in and day out, think about the ‘medium’ back with a 12” minimum, with more in case you find more is better, say 14” in my case.
    • Footrest width 16.5” - be real careful with this. I worried about this spec right up to the time the chair arrived at out door. Getting it right is CRITICAL as to how sweet the chair will work for you – yes, you’ll get by if you screw up but who wants to always be really uncomfortable and bash into things you otherwise wouldn’t?
    • Casters 5 x1” Billet - Going for 5” casters sez you’re gonna be out and about. You will regret it if they are not 1.5” wide. The Tilite Joke is they STILL don’t offer a 1.5” (1.4”) width! Order Slipstreams with 1.5” plastic/poly casters (+$80), then order Frog Legs 5 x1.4” R6 bearing Alum Hub Soft Rolls ($83) from the dealer, then slap those amazing things on when you get your chair. The alternate, equally-fine-and-less-expensive option would be to order TiLite titanium stems, NCO forks and casters and separately order FL Unitine forks and 5 x 1.4” FLAHSRs from a dealer … but that would screw up your “SuperLite” package.

    Look forward to seeing your new chair in the flesh!
    Good post nofuss. Your "pecking" saved me a significant amount of time.

    Exumer,

    18" deep sounds a bit deep for someone your height. You have to be careful not to order a solid seat pan that is too deep because contact with the back of your knees will be a much greater problem than with sling upholstery.


  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Good post nofuss. Your "pecking" saved me a significant amount of time.

    Exumer,

    18" deep sounds a bit deep for someone your height. You have to be careful not to order a solid seat pan that is too deep because contact with the back of your knees will be a much greater problem than with sling upholstery.
    with 18" inches i have 2 finger width of space..should I go for a 17"?

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Exumer View Post
    with 18" inches i have 2 finger width of space..should I go for a 17"?
    Keep in mind that while the spec is 18" and you have two fingers, you have a Jay back which is using up some seat depth and a the Quickie long frame which has a 70 degree angle. The frame length/frame angle you have probably has you sitting with your knees in less flexion. A shorter frame length, tighter front frame angle, or additional seat dump will all decrease the amount of seat depth required...


  7. #37
    It would be quite helpful if you would post pictures of you sitting in your current chair- a front, back and side view at least.

Similar Threads

  1. zr order form
    By wheelin 48 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 04:40 PM
  2. melrose order form
    By feabud in forum Equipment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 04:59 PM
  3. tilite order form
    By feabud in forum Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 01:19 PM
  4. ZRA order form questions.
    By Jimmy D. in forum Equipment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 10:54 AM
  5. TiLite ZR Order Form
    By jimnms in forum Equipment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 06:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •