Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with order form

My wife (a seamstress) and I took my measurements, then I presented them to the DME tech who confirmed them. Do you have someone to help who has measuring experience? A tailor could provide a superb double check if you provide the chart to him/her.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    I mentioned his screwy measurements at the beginning of this thread. they seemed quite odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    OH man,99% of the DME's don't know squat about measuring out a chair. Seems like this guy is one of them. A 5'7" person should in no way use an 18 1/2 " length seat. The only way you got away with such a long seat is because of the 70o front end.

Holy moly, I'm glad you have Chas and SCI here. Being a T/12 you want the smallest imprint of a chair as possible. The reason you can't move the old one is because it is soooo long and unwieldly.

Are you an active person or more sedentary. Makes a difference on how a chair is measured and setup.

You'll notice a big big difference with a chair that is setup for a T/12 5'7" person over the one you have now. Let's get it right, won't take long. Do you want a hot rod or a cruiser?
    Very true, I'm glad I posted here before signing off on anything. I am a very active person and I will need a chair that can take a beating. I live in an urban environment so I have to deal with uneven pavement and alot of grass/muddy areas. The chair I have now is pretty hard to navigate around the office since it barely fits through the doors.

I also work out frequently and I do quite a bit of lifting in the chair so it has to support me + the weight im lifting (around 50 extra pounds max)

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    My wife (a seamstress) and I took my measurements, then I presented them to the DME tech who confirmed them. Do you have someone to help who has measuring experience? A tailor could provide a superb double check if you provide the chart to him/her.
    I could find a tailor in the area that could help out. What exactly should I be asking them to measure?

I must take a break for tonight. See you tomorrow.

We are making good progress
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by Exumer View Post
    I could find a tailor in the area that could help out. What exactly should I be asking them to measure?

Take along the body measurement chart, and tell him you need just straight measurements, not measurements for clothes which allow for extra material around the curves of your body.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    I mentioned his screwy measurements at the beginning of this thread. they seemed quite odd.
    yep, you did. It just took a bit longer for me to catch on
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Oh also, H is from your seat to the bottom of your shoulder blade, and also get the vertical measurement from the top of your shoulder to the tip of your middle finger.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

You guys are measuring the wrong thing!

Let's start with seat width. You know from your specs that your 2HP is 18" wide. Does it fit?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    You guys are measuring the wrong thing!

Let's start with seat width. You know from your specs that your 2HP is 18" wide. Does it fit?
    Its too wide, I'd like to bring it in at least 2 inches. I think the width and length are backwards..I bought a Jay 2 recently that is 20 width and 18 length and it fits the chair fine.
    Last edited by Exumer; 07-17-2012 at 10:04 PM.