Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with order form

Help with order form

So, I think im going to finally purchase a ZR TiLITE. I had measurements done but I dont know how they correspond to the measurements on the order form. Here is what I have so far. Any help is appreciated

What is your injury level? (How much trunk control do you have? How much back support do you need/want?) Do you stand to transfer? Can you walk at all? What's the compressed thickness of your cushion? What chair are you using now? That's all required, too.

BTW, your H=12 measurement seems odd to me considering your other measurements.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 07-10-2012 at 12:02 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Is H supposed to be the height to the bottom of your scapula? If so, the diagram is poorly drawn, and the 12" seems correct.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    by the measurements, you must be fairly long legged and a little wide(big nad tall)? If not, those measurements might as well be thrown away. The order form explains making measurements pretty well if you have someone to help.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    What is your injury level? (How much trunk control do you have? How much back support do you need/want?) Do you stand to transfer? Can you walk at all? What's the compressed thickness of your cushion? What chair are you using now? That's all required, too.

BTW, your H=12 measurement seems odd to me considering your other measurements.
    Im a T-12. Right now im using a Quickie HP. The size of the chair is OK, but I cant fold it up myself (too heavy) and its pretty old..around 8 years. I dont know the exact thickness of my cushion but its a standard Jay-2 gel cushion (20x18).

NOTE: I am an amateur at sizing wheelchairs, so consider my recommendations accordingly. Other readers, please correct me where I've erred.

First, remember the ZR has very limited adjustability. The TR has slightly more (i.e., COG adjustment range is larger). And the ZRA has adjustable COG and RSH (accompanied necessarily with caster-angle adjustment). Are you confident you want a ZR?

That said . . .

So you have good trunk strength, yes? and you neither walk nor stand to transfer?

Ga=19 corresponds to seat width. If you like snug fitting with side guards, a 19" seat width would do. If you like a little room for heavier cloths and still use sideguards, a 20" wide seat would do. If you don't want sideguards, a 21" wide seat may be needed, but the ZR isn't available with a 21" wide seat, so I recommend sideguards with either a 19" or 20" wide seat depending on your preference.

(Just noting: E, F, and Ga are pretty close, so a backrest the same width as your seat is appropriate.)

Cr&l=20 corresponds to seat depth. Most users like a 2" gap between the back of their legs and the seat, so we'll tentatively say your seat depth is 18 - final seat depth may need to be shortened depending on your front angle and seat slope (FSH-RSH).

Dr&l=17 corresponds to FSH, front angle, and distance from seat to footrest. Since you don't stand, you don't need a flipback footrest (which needs more attention to FSH measurement than other styles). So, presuming your footrest will be parallel with the ground (3/4" structural depth and 2" ground clearance), your cushion is 2" thick compressed, and you'll be using a fabric seat sling (+0.5 versus +0 for a solid seat pan), you'll need a FSH of about 17+2.75-2+0.5= 18.75 for a 90-degree front angle. But few users like a 90 front end, so let's pick 80 degrees (my guess). So I'd suggest 18.5" FSH. Seat to footrest = 17-2 (cushion thickness) = 15.

What kind of backrest will you get: fabric or solid? For fabric, I'd suggest the initial height reach to just below your scapula (presumed H dimension corresponds). So 12+2 (cushion thickness) = 14" fabric backrest height. (Picking a solid backrest is more involved.)

Your measurements don't include arm length - we'll need that to determine your RSH. What's the distance from the top of your shoulders to the tip of your middle finger with your arms gently hanging and your hands gently open?

Tentative recap so far:

seat width = 20"?
    seat depth = 18"?
    front angle = 80 degrees?
    FSH = 18.5"?
    seat to footrest = 15"

RSH is yet to be determined (as are a few other items like footrest width, wheel and caster sizes, etc.).

Am I presuming correctly that you use your chair inside and outside your home in a generally urban environment?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    NOTE: I am an amateur at sizing wheelchairs, so consider my recommendations accordingly. Other readers, please correct me where I've erred.

First, remember the ZR has very limited adjustability. The TR has slightly more (i.e., COG adjustment range is larger). And the ZRA has adjustable COG and RSH (accompanied necessarily with caster-angle adjustment). Are you confident you want a ZR?

That said . . .

So you have good trunk strength, yes? and you neither walk nor stand to transfer?

Ga=19 corresponds to seat width. If you like snug fitting with side guards, a 19" seat width would do. If you like a little room for heavier cloths and still use sideguards, a 20" wide seat would do. If you don't want sideguards, a 21" wide seat may be needed, but the ZR isn't available with a 21" wide seat, so I recommend sideguards with either a 19" or 20" wide seat depending on your preference.

(Just noting: E, F, and Ga are pretty close, so a backrest the same width as your seat is appropriate.)

Cr&l=20 corresponds to seat depth. Most users like a 2" gap between the back of their legs and the seat, so we'll tentatively say your seat depth is 18 - final seat depth may need to be shortened depending on your front angle and seat slope (FSH-RSH).

Dr&l=17 corresponds to FSH, front angle, and distance from seat to footrest. Since you don't stand, you don't need a flipback footrest (which needs more attention to FSH measurement than other styles). So, presuming your footrest will be parallel with the ground (3/4" structural depth and 2" ground clearance), your cushion is 2" thick compressed, and you'll be using a fabric seat sling (+0.5 versus +0 for a solid seat pan), you'll need a FSH of about 17+2.75-2+0.5= 18.75 for a 90-degree front angle. But few users like a 90 front end, so let's pick 80 degrees (my guess). So I'd suggest 18.5" FSH. Seat to footrest = 17-2 (cushion thickness) = 15.

What kind of backrest will you get: fabric or solid? For fabric, I'd suggest the initial height reach to just below your scapula (presumed H dimension corresponds). So 12+2 (cushion thickness) = 14" fabric backrest height. (Picking a solid backrest is more involved.)

Your measurements don't include arm length - we'll need that to determine your RSH. What's the distance from the top of your shoulders to the tip of your middle finger with your arms gently hanging and your hands gently open?

Tentative recap so far:

seat width = 20"?
    seat depth = 18"?
    front angle = 80 degrees?
    FSH = 18.5"?
    seat to footrest = 15"

RSH is yet to be determined (as are a few other items like footrest width, wheel and caster sizes, etc.).

Am I presuming correctly that you use your chair inside and outside your home in a generally urban environment?
    Hey chas thanks for your help. I got a quote on a ZRA and my measurements are listed below. What do you think of the front frame angles? This is the part I was confused about since they were not included in my original measurements. My current chair has a 70 degree angle and my legs flare out all the time. What do you think of this package overall?
    Base Price - $2,050.00
    (Special Packages) SuperLite Edition - $550.00
    (Frame Finish) Black Lava Matte
    (Frame Style) Standard, 265 lbs. Weight Capacity
    (Front Angle) 80º
    (Front Seat Width) No Taper
    (Front Seat Height) 19"
    (Rear Seat Height) 18"
    (Color Anodize Package) Black (Standard)
    (Rear Seat Width) 19"
    (Center Gravity) 1"
    (Seat Back Angle) 92°
    (Seat Depth) 18"
    (Seat Upholstery) Tension Adjustable Bolt On
    (Upholstery Color) Black
    (Back Height) Short 8.5"- 11.5"
    (Back Type) SuperLite Edition- Folding Titanium Adjustable Height (Save $175)
    (Tishaft Back) Superlite Edition - Carbon Fiber TiShaft (Save $65)
    (Back Accessories) 4" Deep Backrest Rigidizer Bar
    (Back Upholstery) Tension Adjustable by Straps - $148.75
    (Clothing Guards/Side Panels) Aluminum- Rigid- Standard - $148.75
    (Footrest Width) 16.5"
    (Footrest Options) Standard Front End
    (Footrest Length) Standard 17"
    (Impact Guard) Black, Neoprene w/Ultrasuede Stripe - $76.50
    (Footplate Options) SuperLite/Active Edition Titanium w/ Flat ABS Cover (Save $150)
    (Rear Wheels) 25" TiLite SHADOW
    (Rear Wheel Spacing) 1"
    (Tires) 25" Primo Treaded
    (Axles) Stainless Quick Release
    (Camber Angle) 2°
    (Camber Tube) SuperLite Edition- Carbon Fiber (Save $175)
    (Additional Spacers) Additional Spacers
    (Handrim) Aluminum-Silver Anodized
    (Tabs) Long
    (Casters) 5" x 1" Performance 5 Spoke Billet w/Poly Tire w/Black Hub - $123.25
    (Caster Forks) SuperLite Edition- TiLite Slipstream Single Sided (Save $150)
    (Fork Stems) SuperLite Edition - Titanium Fork Stems (Save $50.00)
    (Wheel Locks) Composite Push to Lock
    (Calf Straps) Velcro Adjustable; Xtra Large (18"-20" Seat Widths) - $29.75
    (Packs & Pouches) Seat Pouch- Large - $38.25

19" seem opretty wide. I'm 6'2" and around 220 I use a 17" wide chair. Seat upholstery: Have you thought about a rigid seatpan vs. the bolt on seat sling. It's going to stretch and with a bolt on they are more difficult to tighten back up. A solid deatpan gives a good seating platform and better posture.

Sounds like you are a heavy guy with short legs or use a very tall cushion with the front frame height at 19" and 19" width. Just asking. The object is to get a good tight fit in the chair so there's no sliding to one side which could end up with a form of scolliosis. Perhaps a T/12 doesn't need to be concerned with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    19" seem opretty wide. I'm 6'2" and around 220 I use a 17" wide chair. Seat upholstery: Have you thought about a rigid seatpan vs. the bolt on seat sling. It's going to stretch and with a bolt on they are more difficult to tighten back up. A solid deatpan gives a good seating platform and better posture.

Sounds like you are a heavy guy with short legs or use a very tall cushion with the front frame height at 19" and 19" width. Just asking. The object is to get a good tight fit in the chair so there's no sliding to one side which could end up with a form of scolliosis. Perhaps a T/12 doesn't need to be concerned with that.
    I am around 190 and 5'7. I use a Jay-2 gel cushion (history of skin breakdown) which is around 2.5 inch thick. I feel that my posture has suffered because of this seat (although it could be from the seat pan like you mentioned earlier.) If I get a rigid seat pan, how much more weight will it add and how much more difficult will it be transfering it into a car?

what do you mean by your legs flaring out?

having a tighter front end is very useful. For your legs to be out further you can substitute a +1 on the frame length for a more forward angle, which also has the plus of being a more stable chair less prone to flipping forward. I have a 75 degree front due to knee issues, and if I had known I would have gone 85 degree front and +1 inch frame instead to get the footplate in the same place. I have an angle and placement adjustable footplate as well, I see you're getting the tubular footrest with cover so I think the +1 and tighter front may serve you even better. Or, just the tighter front and forget the +1 since I'm not sure what your exact needs are from the term flare
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.