Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! Find me the best PC under $500!

I bought my Mom a Lenovo laptop. It is a well made machine. I think this is the laptop you are planning on buying. The specs are decent. If you like Lenovo then stay with the horse you rode in on.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    I bought my Mom a Lenovo laptop. It is a well made machine. I think this is the laptop you are planning on buying. The specs are decent. If you like Lenovo then stay with the horse you rode in on.
    Yep, pretty much so. This is the G570 433409MU but essentially the same. It was on sale for $349. So I'll hit him with the BB deal and see if I can get it for $20 less.

Thanks again for your help.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился

This may sound strange or odd, but a T400 or T500 thinkpad would work for you just fine. I have a T400 that I purchased off e-bay for 300 bucks. I also have a T-61 that I bought for 80 bucks. The T-61 could do everything you asked for; however, it is limited to 4 gigs of ram, whereas the T400 is limited to 8 gigs, and the T500 16 gigs.

So if you are looking for a laptop the thinkpad is a very good option, and it has one of the best keyboards on a laptop.

I just clicked the link and saw the lenovo you are looking at. I actually only read the thread name and none of the posts except the initial one, and I see you are being steered to lenovo.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...on=refurbished

Here's a T500 on Amazon. You can upgrade the ram in five minutes and 50 bucks to 8 gigs.
    Last edited by itsnotmeitsyou; 07-11-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    I tried calling while I was also trying to run the deal using IE. In that process it showed up as out of stock. I got a price at Office Depot locally for the Lenovo G570, 4GB mem, 500GB HD, Intell HD 3000 graphics, N, for $349.

I told them I was going to check Best Buy and the guy said he'd match prices on anything comparable. I may go that route unless you have negative experience with Lenovo. My work desktop is Lenovo.

Thanks again for your help.
    After a lot of research, I bought a Lenovo Z570 on sale at the local Office Depot. I'm well pleased.

Slapped 8 GB of RAM into it for less than $30 - but the original 4GB was adequate.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Ebay. I bought a HP Laptop with Core I5 processor and 8gb of ram for $398. It was a seller refurbished. It was a shipping damage. The damage was 2 light scratches on casing. Basically, it was a new laptop with 2 scratches.
    I went back and bought another HP from the same seller for $352. Core I3 with 6gb of ram. They have a 90 days warranty.
    The seller name on ebay is quickshipwarehouse.
    They have everything from laptops to desktops to tvs.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

Acer and Dell are good. Stay away from MSI, I bought one and it fully died in one year. Ugh.
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Bell View Post
    Acer and Dell are good. Stay away from MSI, I bought one and it fully died in one year. Ugh.
    Wow really?

I have two MSI's from NewEgg and I feel like you can't kill em.'
    I feel like they are tough and great value. (shrugs)

I think Acers more fit your concern.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Seriously, it's all about reference. There's no brand better than another. All the internal components are basically manufacture in China. You just have to define your needs and go with the one with the best bang for the buck.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"