Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Help! Find me the best PC under $500!

  1. #1

    Help! Find me the best PC under $500!

    I don't pretend to be a computer guru but I know this site is certainly loaded with knowledge. The non-profit I run is springing for a new PC for my volunteer work. No gaming, or anything demanding. Other than surfing and updating our website, the vast majority of the work will be MS Office related, with some graphics editing. I've set a $500 budget.

    Point me in the right direction gang. Thanks.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

  2. #2
    PC including a monitor? Will a laptop work?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    PC including a monitor? Will a laptop work?
    Duh, sorry. How the heck did I fail to mention that. YES, definitely a laptop for travel and presentations.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

  4. #4
    Microsoft Store has Acer Aspire AS4 14" Laptop (AS4830TG-6457) for $449 with free shipping.
    Specs
    Intel Core i5-2450M 2.50 GHz Processor
    14" LED-Backlit (1366x768) Display
    4GB DDR3 Memory
    500GB Hard Drive
    GeForce GT 540M Graphics
    HDMI
    WiFi N
    1.3MP Webcam
    Bluetooth
    6-Cell Battery
    Windows 7 Home Premium

    http://slickdeals.net/
    Rock bottom is relative to how high you bounce when you hit.
    --General George Patton

    Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

  5. #5
    Thanks PN, looks like an awesome deal but I get this message when trying to add to cart:

    Sorry, there was a problem with your request.
    Return to the Microsoft Store home page.

    Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    Microsoft Store has Acer Aspire AS4 14" Laptop (AS4830TG-6457) for $449 with free shipping.
    Specs
    Intel Core i5-2450M 2.50 GHz Processor
    14" LED-Backlit (1366x768) Display
    4GB DDR3 Memory
    500GB Hard Drive
    GeForce GT 540M Graphics
    HDMI
    WiFi N
    1.3MP Webcam
    Bluetooth
    6-Cell Battery
    Windows 7 Home Premium

    http://slickdeals.net/
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

  6. #6
    I just picked up this one today from the local Best Buy.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+...&skuId=5767693

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Thanks PN, looks like an awesome deal but I get this message when trying to add to cart:

    Sorry, there was a problem with your request.
    Return to the Microsoft Store home page.
    The deal could be dead, but Microsoft Store still shows the unit as available. There is a phone number for the Microsoft Store (1-877-696-7786) or try the live chat. By the way, I also got the same message when I try to add it to my cart. Check out the deal below.

    15.6" Dell Inspiron Laptop w/ Intel i3-2350M, 4GB RAM - $329.99 Shipped!
    by Leon Promoted By: Leon Published on 07-08-2012 10:23 AM


    Best Buy has the 15.6" Dell Inspiron I15N-2733BK Laptop PC for just $329.99 shipped free! It features: 2nd Gen Intel Core i3-2350M Processor (2.3 GHz), 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, 15.6" LED-Backlit 1366x768 Screen, 3x USB 2.0 ports, Built-in webcam, 3-in-1 media reader, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit, and more!

    15.6" DELL INSPIRON I15N-2733BK INTEL CORE I3-2350M 4GB RAM 500GB HDD LAPTOP PC DEAL

    Best Buy
    Rock bottom is relative to how high you bounce when you hit.
    --General George Patton

    Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    The deal could be dead, but Microsoft Store still shows the unit as available. There is a phone number for the Microsoft Store (1-877-696-7786) or try the live chat. By the way, I also got the same message when I try to add it to my cart. Check out the deal below.

    15.6" Dell Inspiron Laptop w/ Intel i3-2350M, 4GB RAM - $329.99 Shipped!
    by Leon Promoted By: Leon Published on 07-08-2012 10:23 AM


    Best Buy has the 15.6" Dell Inspiron I15N-2733BK Laptop PC for just $329.99 shipped free! It features: 2nd Gen Intel Core i3-2350M Processor (2.3 GHz), 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, 15.6" LED-Backlit 1366x768 Screen, 3x USB 2.0 ports, Built-in webcam, 3-in-1 media reader, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit, and more!

    15.6" DELL INSPIRON I15N-2733BK INTEL CORE I3-2350M 4GB RAM 500GB HDD LAPTOP PC DEAL

    Best Buy
    I tried calling while I was also trying to run the deal using IE. In that process it showed up as out of stock. I got a price at Office Depot locally for the Lenovo G570, 4GB mem, 500GB HD, Intell HD 3000 graphics, N, for $349.

    I told them I was going to check Best Buy and the guy said he'd match prices on anything comparable. I may go that route unless you have negative experience with Lenovo. My work desktop is Lenovo.

    Thanks again for your help.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by larry1975 View Post
    I just picked up this one today from the local Best Buy.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+...&skuId=5767693
    Larry, I actually have a 3 y/o identical version, and for the most part, have been pleased. I'll keep it but want something smaller and lighter to carry easier. Thanks.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

  10. #10
    I do not know the prices at all since the prices here are much more, but my advice is to buy an Asus or a Toshiba.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone find it odd?
    By tason28 in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 01:18 PM
  2. can anybody help me find
    By Sebastiang in forum Exercise & Recovery
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 02:51 PM
  3. You ever just find yourself to be a :
    By 1 Fine Spine RN in forum Life
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 03:36 PM
  4. where can i find
    By shawn26 in forum Cure
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 06:15 PM
  5. i know where to find wmd
    By DA in forum Life
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •