Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: full bike-on quad elite force r

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    Fuentejps, what is your best time for a marathon on a flat course. If you use a racing chair, what is your best time for a marathon or a half marathon on a flat course?

Do you think 700C wheels would well for us C6 quads?
    im slow. no tri's kill my time. ive never raced on a flat course, lol. my best time has been detroit at 4.34 and its got big hills. on flats training i can hold 12mph easily. my conditioning is very good. i think 700 would be goodon flat terrain like florida buit here it would hurt us climbing. ive never used a racing chair, not interested.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

that cycle is totally badass!! that would be my dream machine. i just bought my 1st bike. i'm calling it a bike because it doesn't deserve to be called a cycle if that makes sense. it's like a 10 year old shadow mach 3. i got it, mainly, because i could afford it and i can transfer in and out without help. i'm a c5-6 with some triceps. i'm very strong but my weight, and endurance are not great. i've started doing some basic mods, altered the footplates, made padded straps to hold me in. big thing i need to do is grips. my brother-in-law is adept with a wielder so we're gonna try to do a home made version of the quad grips. i can't see spending $445 to put the real ones on a $600 hand bike. maybe after i master this and get more endurance, and a lot in my savings account i'll see you on the road.

Johns the man Jaison, when it comes to quad racing and a good setup to get going. He's put the time and effort to maximize his bike to train and ride efficiently for a quad with no triceps. He did a lot of changes and different setups to get the bike to where it's at now.

He mentioned a set of quad handles he's using that are really efficient. Congrats on the Mach3, it's a beater but it'll put you in great shape and maximize your potential with what you have left. Best thing you can do for yourself is ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jaison13 View Post
    that cycle is totally badass!! that would be my dream machine. i just bought my 1st bike. i'm calling it a bike because it doesn't deserve to be called a cycle if that makes sense. it's like a 10 year old shadow mach 3. i got it, mainly, because i could afford it and i can transfer in and out without help. i'm a c5-6 with some triceps. i'm very strong but my weight, and endurance are not great. i've started doing some basic mods, altered the footplates, made padded straps to hold me in. big thing i need to do is grips. my brother-in-law is adept with a wielder so we're gonna try to do a home made version of the quad grips. i can't see spending $445 to put the real ones on a $600 hand bike. maybe after i master this and get more endurance, and a lot in my savings account i'll see you on the road.
    that was my 1st bike years ago. the quadgrips i use are by far the best if you have no hand fuction. you can shift both yur 3x and 9x while cranking without having to pop out of the grip and fumble around. between the grips and scotts[bike-on] brake my bike is hands down the best quad setup racebike ive seen. for us higher quads, our equip is every bit as important as our conditioning.
    like pat said, with his help and ideas , ive made many changes from my force to my force r i currently race,.

train your ass off and put health and fitness b4 everything else and then you'll be a happy, succesful guy not a steretypical quad.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

i decided not to screw around. i broke down and bought the quadgrips. i figure they can go with me onto a respectable bike. i've been emailing back and forth with james. so he's been giving me some good advice.

i mostly lift weights i got an upertone system and a vita-glide i use when watching tv. i bought a pulley system with adjustable arms. it's a nice system but need to get the base cut and rewelded so my chair can fit inside it. i can use one of the arms to do pulldowns. but, this may sound funny, my best cardio workout is playing drums on rock band with my ps3. plus it's a lot of fast twitch type movements.

you should post some more pics of that mean machine!! i see you're in ohio. what side of the state? i'm south west of pittsburgh on route 70.

Quote Originally Posted by jaison13 View Post
    i decided not to screw around. i broke down and bought the quadgrips. i figure they can go with me onto a respectable bike. i've been emailing back and forth with james. so he's been giving me some good advice.

i mostly lift weights i got an upertone system and a vita-glide i use when watching tv. i bought a pulley system with adjustable arms. it's a nice system but need to get the base cut and rewelded so my chair can fit inside it. i can use one of the arms to do pulldowns. but, this may sound funny, my best cardio workout is playing drums on rock band with my ps3. plus it's a lot of fast twitch type movements.

you should post some more pics of that mean machine!! i see you're in ohio. what side of the state? i'm south west of pittsburgh on route 70.
    james is a great dude. he cc'd me in on one of the emails to you. thats me.
    im in akron/canto area. we go to concerts over your way at the consul. great place, crazy gimp access
    heres a few action shots, nmot sure you saw these

Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Thanks Fuentejps for your advice. I ordered a Force R Quad Elite. I'll send you an e-mail for training tips for Detroit.

AWESOME JOHN! i love seeing active quads pushing themselves instead of the stereotypical quads.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Congrats John, You're gonna love the R. We're lucky to have such an active quad (no Tris lol) as Fuente mentoring the new riders.

Thanks John and your e-mail reply. You are an inspiration and so are you Patrick. I just got some resistance bands and I've read, Patrick, that you use them. I am looking for advice on how to best use them. I'll send you a PM