Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: full bike-on quad elite force r

full bike-on quad elite force r

many saw it with me in it. heres my force r naked. this bike is laid out for a high quad to race.
    you just cant be a stereotypical lazy quad. put in the hours training and get out there and race.
    this has-
    rotor q ring 44-34-22
    bike on custom spider
    bike on reverse brake. flip on/off to back crank up big ass hills
    shimano xtr paddle shifters
    quad grips.com grips. best grip ever for no hand function
    long wheelbase force r
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Beautiful handcycle Fuentejps! Thanks for sharing the details especially the quad modifications. I am a C6 quad too and you are an inspiration for me to take up handcycling. I am in the process of putting together the final details of getting one. Can you share more of a description of how each of these modifications benefit you as a quad?

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    Beautiful handcycle Fuentejps! Thanks for sharing the details especially the quad modifications. I am a C6 quad too and you are an inspiration for me to take up handcycling. I am in the process of putting together the final details of getting one. Can you share more of a description of how each of these modifications benefit you as a quad?
    all of the mods let you shift both your 9x and 3x without removing your hands from the grips. you just push your hand forward and pull back to shift. its that easy. the bike on brake gives you stopping power without reaching for a brake. that can be dangerous. i found that out last season when i smashed into a underpass wal going 20mph, ground the skin off my arm and hand, ouch.
    the qrings and 12-36 cassette let me get up any hill ive hit. still need to wrachet occasionally but i always get up the hill.

fyi- the force r is the best bike for a high quad. i had a force then swiutched to this and was amazed at the difference. equipment for us is as important as training.
    work with scott at bikeon.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I see you have a CAF sticker on the rear of the frame. Are they funding your equipment? I know Achilles International will purchase equipment for the wounded veterans that they sponsor (which goes through Bike-On). Most of the NYC-area guys I know who compete are partial to CAF, but I'm not familiar with the deets necessary to get sponsorship and funding. Force Rs don't come cheap, so I'm sure it would be helpful for people to know how they might get financial assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I see you have a CAF sticker on the rear of the frame. Are they funding your equipment? I know Achilles International will purchase equipment for the wounded veterans that they sponsor (which goes through Bike-On). Most of the NYC-area guys I know who compete are partial to CAF, but I'm not familiar with the deets necessary to get sponsorship and funding. Force Rs don't come cheap, so I'm sure it would be helpful for people to know how they might get financial assistance.
    caf sponsored this season, yes. they paid for my wheels. the corima race wheels. this bike is expensive. with both sets of wheels[race and training] ive got about 13k in it. im well sponsored now both product and some cash.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    caf sponsored this season, yes. they paid for my wheels. the corima race wheels. this bike is expensive. with both sets of wheels[race and training] ive got about 13k in it. im well sponsored now both product and some cash.
    So CAF paid for everything? Bike, wheels, mods, . . . travel costs? I think it would be helpful to others who are interested in getting funding for adaptive equipment if you would share the process involved in making the request? -- e.g., who did you contact? what were the terms? how long did it take? etc.

From all accounts CAF is a fantastic organization.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    So CAF paid for everything? Bike, wheels, mods, . . . travel costs? I think it would be helpful to others who are interested in getting funding for adaptive equipment if you would share the process involved in making the request? -- e.g., who did you contact? what were the terms? how long did it take? etc.

all this information is available on the CAF website

.C a f is a great organization they just paid for the wheels. Not being a dick but sponsorship and grants are very competitive so ppl need to figure those out solo.
    Last edited by fuentejps; 07-08-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Very cool bike fuentejps.
    I`m training hard now too, i`m going to try next year to be in the podium of the spanish championship race.

Do yo know or somebody else in what would influence the lenght of the crankset arms?
    I have seen that crankset arms have different lengths, usually you can choice between 170mm or 175mm, and sometimes some brands have 165mm and 180mm too, so in what would influence their lengths in our rides?

Q rims really worth?