Thread: any quad daddies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

any quad daddies

hi all

Im a C5 and just become a father, my wife and I have a 5 week old son which is amazing but...yes theres always a but. Im struggling a with how little I can do to help and i am trying to do as much as i can.

anyone else out there been through this?

Thanks

Congratulations! I have several clients who have C4 and C5 injuries who are fathers. It is a challenge, but one that can be met. PM me with your contact information and I may be able to put you in touch with one of them for some private e-mail discussions.

(KLD)

floyd,

check into the WheelBlacks w/c rugby team web site and look for a local team and im sure you will meet some with kids.

good luck

Blog Entries

I most likely interpreted this thread incorrectly....

As I assumed he was indirectly asking, "would I become a quad daddy" , to which I began responding to in-depth until I realized it was surely not the case.
    Anyway, not to take away any of the joy that comes with fatherhood, as a veteren father of two children, I definately would not intentionally choose to become a father having witnessed the strain it puts on your spouse. Assuming of course your in-home help is limited. I'm sorry.

Congrats - kids are the greatest. I don't have kids but I have babysat my nieces and nephews, but not when they were newborn. I do think it would be easier since they don't move around as much as newborn, but I'm just assuming, maybe it is hard. You'll discover that your child will adjust to you and help you. My 2 1/2 year old nephew was being a pill the other morning and threw his scrambled eggs on the floor. When I brought out the hand held vacuum, I told him he had to pick up the eggs and he did a good job of vacuuming up the eggs. So kids seem to pick up that they need to help you in taking care of them (I hope that made sense.)

My gf has 2 & 5 yr old boys (not mine) but I help with them, play, read, watch, grab food for them etc as best I can... if you can't do the stuff like bathing & diaper changes do whatu can and then do other stuff for your wife that u can do that she otherwise would (dusting, vacuum, dishes, shopping, laundry, etc). Its just reallocation of responsibilities

Congrats! I am ac5/c6 quad I have 3 daughters with my wife all before I got injured. Do what you can and love them the best you can.

just remember that being a daddy is a lifetime commitment with their helpless dependency being such a small part of your time together. yes you might not be able to do everything now but as he gets older you will be able to do more and more. is there a specific task you want help problem shooting?

Congrats! I am a C5 quad as well and my wife and I have a 12 week old boy that I love sooo much. He is laughing and smiling...can't get enough. However, there's one thing that kind of bothers me and that is my wife can hold him and he will be so happy but as soon as I do almost every time he cries. The crying doesn't bother me one bit, but what does is I can't seem to sooth him. He can be crying and as soon as my wife picks him up he is a happy camper. I understand that he will favor her because she has the food but that kind of bugs me a tiny bit.

My wife is amazing! She does everything for herself, me, and now our son. We don't have any aids and my wife refuses to get any because she says it would be more of a hassle. I see the stress at times and I hate that I can't do more. I try doing as much as I can but it never seems to be enough in my opinion. I love everything that we have going but there are times that I just wish, boy I'd love to do this or that for her!