Thread: Wanting to talk to people like me!!

Cool Wanting to talk to people like me!!

Out of curiosity has anyone here been paralyzed at 1 time and can now walk? I am a c-6,7 and also lost my right leg and was paralyzed from the chest down. I slowly got my movement back starting at my toes and then it worked its way up. Its been a yr an a half but i can walk with an eva walker now for short distances or time (about 10-15 min, 50-70 ft) I am just wondering with my improvements the chances of me walking without a walker and how long it usually takes? I have tried to find success stories of paralyzed people but with not much luck. Would be nice to chat with people and compare our problems and hear from someone who has made it through all this!!!

i have been a quad since '90 and i have seen many with incomplete injuries get full recovery and some not, all sci's are different.

i would rehab and work as if you will get full recovery because imo if you work hard then you will achieve maximum return for your injury.

time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Rick c5 c6 quad View Post
    i have been a quad since '90 and i have seen many with incomplete injuries get full recovery and some not, all sci's are different.

i would rehab and work as if you will get full recovery because imo if you work hard then you will achieve maximum return for your injury.

time will tell
    I do work hard at walking. I practice every day and for as much as I can take. Only every once in awhile I feel like giving up but then a day or two later I'm right back at it! Everyone keeps saying how far i have come and my doctor said he has to eat crow cause he didnt think I would make it this far.

thats awesome you work hard because that and determination will get you a long way.

dont give up, find those in similar situations to draw from and learn from. i too was told by my dr that i would never do many things, dress myself or drive, it took several years but i learned how to do both.

Long thread about "walking quads" here:

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=37276

(KLD)