Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4-ap who's taken it & how has it helped you?

Mona~on~wheels, if you haven't tried 4AP, I would say try it. You really don't have much to lose and a lot to gain if you're one of the 33% it's effective for. Just read up on the side effects so that you know what to watch out for. Good luck.
    Thank you I'm c-4 to c-7 incomplete but I've been this way 21 yrs.
    I feel alot but move very little. I will study up on it.

so does this 4ap only benefit those with ms or sci? or both? im going to go google it now. but if someone wants to give a brief summery, thatd be great.

Unless MS is caused by a flying building hitting me in the head, breaking almost all the bones in my back, ribs and neck + taking out the spleen along the way. Nada... Didn't get rejected though, Doctor thought it would be interesting to try, seeing as I was getting Botox in the legs for stiffness and there was, if very little, nerve reactions left.

And I was kind of easy, seeing as I was still alive after all I went through, they felt if I was willing to try it, give a good shot, I still had a mind left, after the crushed skull, they let me. So far I'm one of the 33%, and the longer I'm on it the more I'm seeing. The Neuro that does my Botox thinks it actually conflicts what's going on, but, it works for me.

Oh yeah I have medicare GHI, they couldn't wait to sign me, I can't believe they haven't tried to exterminate me yet.

never mind. i just saw Wises' very informative thread.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Quote Originally Posted by alhavel View Post
    Oh yeah I have medicare GHI, they couldn't wait to sign me, I can't believe they haven't tried to exterminate me yet.
    Thanks...

Because you've been successful, asking a huge favor I know, if it is possible would you please ask what kind of things your doctor submitted to your medicare insurance to tilt the scales in your favor. Appreciate any help before I start working on this appeal. Cheers.

Flat, out, honestly, he just looked at the papers was familiar with it, I wanted to try it again, previously had the compound version and had been successful, and he wrote it for me.

I had tried the compounded version 2 years prior, went off it befor going to court, and than waited for the acorda version so it would be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post

I'm thinking of going back to compounded 4AP in the mean time, I recently called a few compounding pharmacists in the area to check pricing.
    Best price was Walgreens 1200mg a month $43 (120 * 10mg capsules)

Mona~on~wheels, if you haven't tried 4AP, I would say try it. You really don't have much to lose and a lot to gain if you're one of the 33% it's effective for. Just read up on the side effects so that you know what to watch out for. Good luck.

That's an excellent price. The best I have seen so far.

Can you possibly post which Walgreens you are using? I wasn't aware that Walgreeens compounding pharmacies exist, and if they are able to provide meds by mail order, this may be a good place for others to order from.

Does anyone know where I can order 4 ap online without a prescription from my doctor?
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan1 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can order 4 ap online without a prescription from my doctor?
    Allan1, Ampyra (the time-release formulation from Acorda) requires a prescription. Fampridine (4-AP) may still be available from compounding pharmacies but still requires a prescription. Wise.