Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinion Time. What Hand Controls do you think are The Best?

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned menox yet. You operate these with your right hand. Push forward for brake, pull back for throttle. Being on the right side there out of the way for transfering in and out. I have a set of these ready to go in my 04 gto very soon.

http://www.menox.org/en/hand_controls/
    From what I understand Menox are one of the best manufacturers of hand controls - but I heard they're a little pricey!

If you don't mind me asking, could you tell us how much you bought them for - with and without installation? I've heard they're around 2,000 dollars but I'd like to confirm that if possible!
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.zapp View Post
    Second for the Sure-grip push/rock design. http://www.suregrip-hvl.com/

Monarch also makes a push/rock design that may or may not be better, I have not seen them other than pictures. The Push/rock with the vertical handle lets me drive with one hand when I need to. The heel of my hand and pinky rests on the control, and with thumb and 3 fingers I can hold the wheel. Very useful.
    I saw the monarchs push/rock at the abilities expo. My friend tried them out and they seem to work just the same as my suregrip push/rock.
    Mimi

I'm trained on both the Menox and Suregrip Push/Rock.

The suregrips I was trained on first and then the menox a few months later.

The suregrips were on a thunderbird first then the dodge entervan.

I have had the menox in the thunderbird, and my Dad's Mustang. I was the only one who drove it while he was deployed.

My parents bought me a used entervan and had the suregrips put on it.

I have my suregrips in the entervan. I was told the menox wouldn't work with the transfer seat in the van so we put them in the mustang.

I like both kinds but like using the Menox alot better.
    Mimi

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Bell View Post
    From what I understand Menox are one of the best manufacturers of hand controls - but I heard they're a little pricey!

If you don't mind me asking, could you tell us how much you bought them for - with and without installation? I've heard they're around 2,000 dollars but I'd like to confirm that if possible!

I would tell you if i could but I cant haha. I heard they are around $2200 for the base model and more for the ones with control switches on the handle.
    I found mine on craigslist used for $1000. They came out of the same exact car that Im putting them in so the base plate bracket was already built for this car.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

I have Menox as well and really enjoy using them. They were 2200.00 installed in the SF Bay Area. The parts were about 1300.00 of the total, I have the basic model with a Menox turn knob.

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    I would tell you if i could but I cant haha. I heard they are around $2200 for the base model and more for the ones with control switches on the handle.
    I found mine on craigslist used for $1000. They came out of the same exact car that Im putting them in so the base plate bracket was already built for this car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stsmark View Post
    I have Menox as well and really enjoy using them. They were 2200.00 installed in the SF Bay Area. The parts were about 1300.00 of the total, I have the basic model with a Menox turn knob.
    Thanks a lot guys, I'm creating a miniture database to help me advise people on the costs and so forth of all hand controls and you just added to my Menox spreadsheet!
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by novanoin View Post
    I'm trained on both the Menox and Suregrip Push/Rock.

The suregrips I was trained on first and then the menox a few months later.

The suregrips were on a thunderbird first then the dodge entervan.

I have had the menox in the thunderbird, and my Dad's Mustang. I was the only one who drove it while he was deployed.

My parents bought me a used entervan and had the suregrips put on it.

I have my suregrips in the entervan. I was told the menox wouldn't work with the transfer seat in the van so we put them in the mustang.

I like both kinds but like using the Menox alot better.
    What about the menox hand controls made your prefer them over the SG ones?

I've got Menox, and find them to be a real pain in the ass: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ox#post1286114

I'd love to be able to go back to Monarchs, and this will be a primary consideration whenever I get a new car.

Monarch's, the same set since 86. currently in the 5th car. I've had to replace the odd pice here and there but they are rock solid. if it isn't broken why fix it as far as changing.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    if it isn't broken why fix it as far as changing.
    I used Monarch's for over 18 years and the reason I changed was because they would not work in my new car without being pure hell for me to get in and out of. Sometimes change is needed and in my case it was for the better and I'm glad that I did.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3