Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Opinion Time. What Hand Controls do you think are The Best?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member Jonny Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shenzhen, China (from the UK)
    Posts
    140

    Opinion Time. What Hand Controls do you think are The Best?

    I'm interested in people's experiences in hand controls and how they compare with other models they've had in the past.

    I've heard Menox and Veigel are very good but expensive and MPD/MPS are like the standard ones?

    But i'd like to learn more on this topic, so if anyone could help me out..?
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

    Visit my hand controls website for more information.

    Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

    You can also see my story here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Skogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    S. Minnesota
    Posts
    423
    Not sure the about the best but I am using my original Monarch Mark A-1's from 1993. They have been in 4 or 5 different vehicles.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jonny Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shenzhen, China (from the UK)
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Skogy View Post
    Not sure the about the best but I am using my original Monarch Mark A-1's from 1993. They have been in 4 or 5 different vehicles.
    They sound incredibly durable to have lasted so long, is there no reason why you would want to change em - or have they served you well?
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

    Visit my hand controls website for more information.

    Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

    You can also see my story here.

  4. #4
    I thought I wanted Menox or Veigel but the guy at the install place talked me out of it. Not only are Monarch's cheaper, but they allow me to keep both hands on the wheel when I need to, and drive with one hand under some circumstances (not when breaking). They also give you more leg room if that's important to you.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Jonny Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shenzhen, China (from the UK)
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFallDown View Post
    I thought I wanted Menox or Veigel but the guy at the install place talked me out of it. Not only are Monarch's cheaper, but they allow me to keep both hands on the wheel when I need to, and drive with one hand under some circumstances (not when breaking). They also give you more leg room if that's important to you.
    How'd you keep both hands on the wheel, is it because you reach both the handle of the hand controls plus the wheel with just one hand?
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

    Visit my hand controls website for more information.

    Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

    You can also see my story here.

  6. #6
    I use MTD brand and like them okay. I use a spinner on my steering wheel and using two hands on the wheel would greatly slow down my maneuverability with my setup. I am a quad so my steering resistance is modified to 50%.

    Good luck.
    Comic Sans MS
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne


  7. #7

    suregrip

    best conventional hand control.
    http://www.suregrip-hvl.com/

  8. #8
    I've had only Monarchs for 33 years and like them. I do find the accelerator spring too strong, makes my hand and wrist tired, so I modify the tension.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Bell View Post
    I'm interested in people's experiences in hand controls and how they compare with other models they've had in the past.

    I've heard Menox and Veigel are very good but expensive and MPD/MPS are like the standard ones?

    But i'd like to learn more on this topic, so if anyone could help me out..?
    It's a lot more complicated than a specific model being better or how they compare to each another.

    There all good controls but whats make the difference imho is the installer and there ability to fit them to the individuals needs.

    Some controls are better for some applications, but it all comes down the person and the vehicle they want modified.

    Do you want a installation from someone who just completed a two hr online course on hand control installation or a master craftsman with 25 years of experience?

    Who do you want to install your controls a guy with a set of sockets, a hacksaw and a hammer or a master fabricator with fully equipped machine shop?

    Do you want your hand controls installed with hose clamps or someone who is going to fabricate custom brackets for each application and take the time necessary for a quality installation that will out last the vehicle.

    As far as i'm concerned it comes down to the mobility dealer and there installer.

    What about custom hand controls you've never even seen, built for someones specific needs?
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

  10. #10
    Senior Member Jonny Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shenzhen, China (from the UK)
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Automotive Innovations View Post
    It's a lot more complicated than a specific model being better or how they compare to each another.

    There all good controls but whats make the difference imho is the installer and there ability to fit them to the individuals needs.

    Some controls are better for some applications, but it all comes down the person and the vehicle they want modified.

    Do you want a installation from someone who just completed a two hr online course on hand control installation or a master craftsman with 25 years of experience?

    Who do you want to install your controls a guy with a set of sockets, a hacksaw and a hammer or a master fabricator with fully equipped machine shop?

    Do you want your hand controls installed with hose clamps or someone who is going to fabricate custom brackets for each application and take the time necessary for a quality installation that will out last the vehicle.

    As far as i'm concerned it comes down to the mobility dealer and there installer.

    What about custom hand controls you've never even seen, built for someones specific needs?
    Well of course a master craftsman is important but what do you mean about 'quality installation' they have to be trained to install it in a specific manner so do you mean like its positioning internally and the length of the poles or what?

    I think of course the dealer and mechanic is important but I'd place just as much value on the actual driving equipment itself.

    Or not?
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

    Visit my hand controls website for more information.

    Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

    You can also see my story here.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 04:05 PM
  2. Hand controls
    By paramoto in forum Equipment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 02:21 PM
  3. Looking for some hand controls~
    By teesieme in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 11:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •