Thread: Intractable pain survival guide

Intractable pain survival guide

http://pain-topics.org/pdf/IntractablePainSurvival.pdf

This is the best booklet I have read on pain. I can't remember if I have posted it here before.

I hope it helps someone.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

ddd - I really think it is great and I recommended it a few weeks ago to someone here on this forum. It cuts through the BS to the essentials for survival.

~lol~ I'd just finished bookmarking this booklet only to open this forum and find the booklet!

I've had it open in my browser since arndog shared the link a few weeks back. This should be required reading for anyone living with central pain. And it's not enough to read it once -- this is one of those rare pieces that need to be pulled out and reread every six months or so to help maintain our focus that Pain is the Enemy!
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

i think i will email this to my dr and say "ok, NOW will give me something to treat my pain?" being in severe pain with only alcohol to help soothe me is NOT a permanent life choice i want to have.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/