Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Action Trackstander offroad wheelchair

Action Trackstander offroad wheelchair

Anyone ever try one of these, or own one? Danny tried it at the NY Metro Abilities Expo last weekend. WOW! It would be great to have this as an "extra" mode of transportation for off-roading, hunting and fishing, just need to find an "extra" $15,000 laying around somewhere . . . I took a video of him but had to revamp it in Windows Live Movie Maker (it was sideways on my phone!) and I can't upload it here. Here is a picture of him though - really cool!
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 05-13-2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Right-size photo

Do you have any idea what the black box above the track on his right side is?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Yeah, believe it or not it is a tool/tackle box! They call it a utility box. I'm tellin ya, this thing is way beyond cool! There is a gun holder on one side and a rod holder on the other. Here's their website . . . http://actiontrackchair.com/Default.aspx

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    At 3 feet wide with 6 1/2'' tracts and 350 lbs, this baby could go most anywhere. Most off pavement power wheelchairs have high center of gravity problems and traversing practically any sidehill will cause one to dirty their pants. I have scared the shit out of myself neumerous times and would prefer not to do it ever again but to really move around through the fields and forest, it's going to happen.

The ultimate would be a self leveling seat as stopping all the time to tilt myself to somewhat match the terrain totaly sucks.

I can't believe the dude standing in the AT has his pee/leg bag hanging out. TOTALLY GROSS especially around all those people.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 05-14-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: has
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    At 3 feet wide with 6 1/2'' tracts and 350 lbs, this baby could go most anywhere. Most off pavement power wheelchairs have high center of gravity problems and traversing practically any sidehill will cause one to dirty their pants. I have scared the shit out of myself neumerous times and would prefer not to do it ever again but to really move around through the fields and forest, it's going to happen.

The ultimate would be a self leveling seat as stopping all the time to tilt myself to somewhat match the terrain totaly sucks.
    It will go anywhere exect most vans. We borrowed one to take on a turkey hunt for Wheelin Sportsmens and I had to take the back to seats out of the van, use a lawn mower ramp and slowly walk it up and tilt and untilt, till it was in. Would be alot easier to haul with a hitch but our van is lowered so you can't put a hit on it. Also don't think about bringing it indoors, its way to wide. It really is an awesome chair though. It will go anywhere, the user must set his/her own boundaries...trust me.

It would be great to set up a trailer with a lift like some folks have for their handcycles. Transfer from the regular chair to the trac chair on the trailer and your gone. The lift could easily be powered from the vehicle to make it easier. If it was a Surehands lift, many quads could do it themselves but deploying the ramps would be another challenge.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

wow, the action track chair thread really will go anywhere, lol

Great addition for advertising the actiontrack chair! Get an ActionTrack and get laid too!!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Whoops!!
    C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

I guess it comes with vibrator?