Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Schwalbe Marathon Plus PSI?

I bought one of these at WalMart 3-4 years ago & it's still working well. Not fancy, but goes up to 300psi & it's pretty inexpensive.

http://amzn.to/ODBNur

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    If you say it Stephen, I have faith :-) That's the Campbell Hausfield you talk about right? It's good for 145psi?
    I've owned the earlier version of the CH compressor for years -- a refurbished model at that --and it's rock solid.

I replaced the valve attachment head (keeping the original hose intact) with this dual adapter head, which fits both presta and schrader tubes, so I don't use those pesky screw-on presta adapters.

Last edited by stephen212; 07-06-2012 at 10:51 PM.

perfect timing for me with this thread! I was about to post asking about tubes and high pressures. I bought a 24x1 tube to replace my patched tube that I had been using (its still fine, patch still on it) and it blew! With a 3 inch slit. My roommate suggested it was from the pressure being too much for the tube. Sounds like that's not it. I don't know when it blew, I got in my chair to find it flat.

I had a campbell hausfield for YEARS. Like probably 8, until it was stolen when my car was broken in to a few months ago. Now I'm using a cheap one from walmart. I hope it holds out, I didn't have the money to replace it with another quality compressor.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Have faith.

$39.99 is an excellent price I might add. (Stephen surreptitiously posted a link with the image).

I've seen them going for $50-60 elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    $39.99 is an excellent price I might add. (Stephen surreptitiously posted a link with the image).

Sshhh!

Hmmm. For some reason I feel like I must buy another CH RP4100 air compressor from Amazon.com for just $39.99.

Hmmm. For some reason I feel like I must buy another CH RP4100 air compressor from Amazon.com for just $39.99.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    . . . It's good for 145psi?

nope:

Attachment 45593
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    nope:
    Good catch, Chas.

My CH RP400001 (an older model) has a max pressure of 150 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Correction Chas, YEP.

Myself and many others here will attest that it can quickly and reliably inflate tires well beyond the specified 125 psi maximum. It shows no signs of struggling at 150 psi and seems like it could easily attain even higher pressures.

It will last longer than any of their 12 volt DC 250 psi compressors that have a rechargeable battery--including the version they make for Sportaid.

Good catch, Chas.

My CH RP400001 (an older model) has a max pressure of 150 psi.
    stephen212 must buy a CH RP4100 air compressor from Amazon.com for just $39.99.