Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Schwalbe Marathon Plus PSI?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    stephen212 must buy a CH RP4100 air compressor from Amazon.com for just $39.99.

Faith is overrated -- CH let me down. That's why I'm an atheist.

This one will take you to 160 psi. Now get off my back!

Campbell Hausfeld decided to change the maximum psi of the RP4100 to 150 psi in their latest spec sheet (published 11/11).

http://www.chpower.com/IMAGES/pdfs/m...1_1111-web.pdf

It is obvious that Campbell Hausfeld monitors CareCure. Why?

Pre-Schwalbe Tire Pressures: 65-110 psi
    Old RP4100 Maximum Inflation: 125 psi
    Maximum Schwalbe Pressure: 145 psi
    New RP4100 Maximum Inflation: 150 psi

Coincidence? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    This one will take you to 160 psi. Now get off my back!

I have that one and it sucks. The hose is so short it is difficult to clamp on the nozzle without removing the wheel and setting it on the ground. Also,nothing I've come across even approaches the RP4100's rate of inflation. Now that it is officially 150 psi, it should be much easier for me to get one for our clinic. The CH rechargeable compressors only last about a year before the battery dies on us.

Speaking of your back, what's with the new avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I have that one and it sucks. The hose is so short it is difficult to clamp on the nozzle without removing the wheel and setting it on the ground. Also,nothing I've come across even approaches the RP4100's rate of inflation. Now that it is officially 150 psi, it should be much easier for me to get one for our clinic. The CH rechargeable compressors only last about a year before the battery dies on us.

Speaking of your back, what's with the new avatar?
    i agree, the B&D Air Station blows, pun intended. Mine barely lasted a year. Currently a 2 year Campbell Hausfeld guy now and happy, thanks again SCI_OTR.

@Stephen212, i wanna know how you changed out that hose.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    Good question. Before I give you my non-answer answer, the reason I changed the head on the hose is because the original was coming off and my attempts to glue it back on were unsuccessful.

At first I thought I would have to change the entire hose assembly and so I opened up the unit to see whether that was even possible. Before committing to a possibly irreversible and catastrophic modification, I brought the compressor to the handyman who works in my apartment building to take a look at it. He didn't think it would be possible to swap out the hoses; fortunately, however, it turned out to be quite simple to remove the head from the replacement hose and attach it to the original hose. I'll take a look at mine later to see if I can remember how he did it, but it only took him a matter of minutes to figure out and complete.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    I repaired my hose when it failed near the connection with the compressor motor. It was an easy fix using the following parts from Lowes...

Watts 1/4" Brass Barb Splicer
    Item: 74420/Model: LFA190

Murray 1/4"Dia.x5" Stainless Steel Clamp
    Item: 61275/Model: BCH8SS09P

Real-world experience is definitely more reliable than numbers on paper. Thanks!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Just checked out Schwalbe's site tire inflation recomendations. For a 1" wide tire like the marathon, they reccomend 100 PSI for a 165 lb rider. For every 2.2 lbs over that weieght add 1%.

Me at 240lbs-165lbs=75lbs
    75 lbs divided by 2.2 lbs= 34%
    100psi X 1.34= 134 psi inflatoin for me.