Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this REAL Chinese Food

What do you think of this REAL Chinese Food

(probably not the stuff you eat).

Going from top to bottom, left to right.

Garlic Pork with peppers and green plant shoots.
    Cola chicken wings (ok that's not authentic!)
    Fried Wet tofu with spring onions (center).
    Whole spring chicken with star anise, herbs (right)
    Fried eggs with baby spring onions, garlic and soy sauce.
    Sweet and sour pork (left of the eggs).
    Salty Green Beans with Garlic.

-------

TBH I probably prefer western chinese food but this is the real deal straight from Shenzhen China and it's just about as healthy as you can get.

Which do you think you'd prefer?

What do you think about it?! I eat this EVERYDAY and before that I lived in England and was very much a bacon and eggs man eating chinese food once a week perhaps. Could you eat this E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y? I can't remember the last time i had bread or potatoes!!
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.

Looks Yummy
    I like the variety in your picture Definitely healthy

Yeah, and they use peanut oil too which is very healthy - according to wikipedia it's not quite as good as olive oil but it burns at a much higher temperature which makes it perfect for Chinese cooking (cutting things into tiny pieces and stir frying at 200 degrees for 7 minutes).

Surprisingly the people I live with know about the health benefits which I wouldn't have thought they'd know about considering they're quite working class people.

Talking about working class people I heard that in the USA it's really bad to call people that whereas in the UK it's quite normal. Interesting.
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

That spread looks delicious and quite healthy, though it's a bit more meat-based than I expected for an Asian diet-- perhaps a reflection of China's growing economic power? I grew up eating both American and Korean food, but switched mainly to American when I went to college. Result was rapid weight gain and elevated blood sugar.

Blog Entries
    I once ate a real Chinese food – from – China restaurant, and it was just divine.

I have a real chinese food cookbook that I use all the time. Fantastic resource for good eatin'. I find that I use peanut oil for just about all things that need oil other than baking. Don't like the taste of olive oil at all and I have bought the best quality to try.
    Best stir fry is to use peanut oil on an outside gas burner so you can get it hot enough. I do the same for blackened fish and steak. No smoke detectors outdoors.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13 View Post
    I have a real chinese food cookbook that I use all the time. Fantastic resource for good eatin'. I find that I use peanut oil for just about all things that need oil other than baking. Don't like the taste of olive oil at all and I have bought the best quality to try.
    Best stir fry is to use peanut oil on an outside gas burner so you can get it hot enough. I do the same for blackened fish and steak. No smoke detectors outdoors.
    Yeah in Sino based countries you'll find that most of the cooking is done in an open aired environment. This is so the smell doesn't intrude upon the house. Where I live the cooking's done on the balcony like you can see in this picture. I've got chinese family that live in malaysia and it's the same kind of format.

It's my friends birthday so i decided to buy him some western style wine too it cost 4 dollars, the cat is just the cat, enjoy it, she sleeps a lot. Sometimes I poke her awake because it amuses me.

Last edited by Jonny Bell; 07-07-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Bell View Post
    Yeah in Sino based countries you'll find that most of the cooking is done in an open aired environment. This is so the smell doesn't intrude upon the house. Where I live the cooking's done on the balcony like you can see in this picture. I've got chinese family that live in malaysia and it's the same kind of format.

It's my friends birthday so i decided to buy him some western style wine too it cost 4 dollars, the cat is just the cat, enjoy it, she sleeps a lot. Sometimes I poke her awake because it amuses me.
    Hi Jonny,
    Nice job you did on your hand controls web site. It's very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by RAFS View Post
    Hi Jonny,
    Nice job you did on your hand controls web site. It's very informative.
    Oh thanks! I've been slowly working on it for awhile but I've still got a long way to go. You're the first person to ever complement me on it -if it's successful that would be amazing!

I've decided to make forums specifically for disabled drivers because as far as i can tell none seem to exist online at the moment. But just remember I'm still working on them I just started 2 days ago so I don't have a single member yet (aside from myself of course haha). I still need to get all the sections which i think people will be interested in.

I admit I've used some from SCI as inspiration.

Yea. That's real chinese food, good stuff, altho I tend to like western chinese food (muslim influence) a bit better. I recognize that cola bottle hahaha.

Shenzhen is a cool city, it's actually a place I want to move to in a couple of years, once my city gets too 'small'.

btw. How in the world do you use that restroom?