Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth getting a Galaxy Samsung 3 or should I just stick with the 2

I never had a smartphone anyways, but decided on one finally, looks like 'll be picking up a HTC one V within the new week, figured I'd get a ice creme sandwich and see whats it all about
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by petertan View Post
    Not much difference performance-wise IMO. But then again, I am not a power user. I use the S3 the same way I used my S2, upgraded because I lost the latter.

If you are getting the S2, do check user reviews of the version. My wife and I use different versions. Her unit hangs very often which we discovered is a common problem for that version.
    Yeah they seem incredibly similar, also I just checked out your blog! I see you're from Penang, my mother's from there (I'm half Chinese/half English).

Delicious food, but poor accessibility :/ (that must be the worst combination ever)
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Bell View Post
    Yeah they seem incredibly similar, also I just checked out your blog! I see you're from Penang, my mother's from there (I'm half Chinese/half English).

Delicious food, but poor accessibility :/ (that must be the worst combination ever)
    Agree that accessibility is poor in Penang, like everywhere else in Malaysia. A lot more can be done but not. What is your favourite Penang food?

As for the S2 and S3, if I had known better, I would have gotten another S2, but that is just me. Having said that, the S3 has a few nifty improvements that I read from the manual but have yet to check out.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by petertan View Post
    Agree that accessibility is poor in Penang, like everywhere else in Malaysia. A lot more can be done but not. What is your favourite Penang food?

As for the S2 and S3, if I had known better, I would have gotten another S2, but that is just me. Having said that, the S3 has a few nifty improvements that I read from the manual but have yet to check out.
    I love it all. Roti cenai, chicken rice, dumplings, oyster omelette, the roasted duck. There's one dish i tried and it's like noodles cooked in bannana leaves (they're green and taste of bannanas somehow), red beans, coconut milk, treacle, crushed ice and a berry sauce. Yeah that's pretty win.

I'm still somewhat undecided, I'm leaning more towards the S2 now just to save money and it's still an amazing phone from what I can tell.
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.

I haven't got a mobile phone but have been contemplating getting one. I've had really good things about the Samsung S3. By all accounts the voice activation facility is better than the iPhone4. I can get it on a contract for £28 a month. And just looking into some decent wheelchair brackets for mobile phones

I've got an S2 and think it's great. It's running ICS for the OS, so I'm hoping for a Jellybean update this year.

My next phone will probably be another Samsung as well, no complaints at all.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

Blog Entries
    CyanogenMod has a Jellybean rom available for the S3: http://www.androidauthority.com/gala...ilable-101523/
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Replaced my Thunderbolt with an S3. Absolutely love it.

Am 60 and don't really get this.....all you really need is a cell phone which I pay 20.00 for 3 months of service.
    Please explain why we need all this extra stuff at such a great expense.....not joking just don't get it.....my youngest son has one he is 21 pays 100.00 a month....I think that could go a long way for the real things you need like car ins....repairs....and such.
    When I was young these things were not around and could do without them today myself.
    Now if I damage my old phone I will have to go to a new plan that cost 10.00 a month.
    All he really needs is a talker phone without all that tech crap and save 1,000 a year.
    Then he ask me for money for something and I tell him you can cut back on the phone deal.
    First things comes first and till you understand that am not giving you a dime till you smart up.
    Am gona give up my directv because there is so much junk on it and my antenna gives me more programs I like than they offer. and it does not cost me a dime since I have had a tower with antenna for 37 years.
    And picture is just as good as directv.
    They will charge you as much as they can if you keep buying it.....don't buy it no more watch it come way down.
    I may do without cell phone if my old one gives out.
    Art
    Art

I really like the s3 so far. It has some really cool features and the web is super fast. S voice isn't as good as Siri, but oh well.