Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth getting a Galaxy Samsung 3 or should I just stick with the 2

Is it worth getting a Galaxy Samsung 3 or should I just stick with the 2

I've never had a really really cool phone and I don't like the idea of being locked into an ecosystem such as like Apple's created so an Iphone isn't for me.

On the other hand from what I can tell there doesn't seem to be a big improvement going from the S2 to the S3 so I'm wondering if I should save myself the money and just get the s2?

Which is the best on a performance to cost ration?
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.

I haven't used either so i can't say, My wife is still using her Galaxy S1 and it runs fine. I don't think you'll notice a huge difference in it's performance, the hardware these things are running are fast or faster as PC's were just a decade ago.

I think the biggest difference you will find is that the S3 will get updated to Jelly Bean quicker and probably get supported to future updates faster and longer than the S2. However if you are like me and ROOT your Android and then install different ROMS then that won't really matter as much. Personally though I'd get the Nexus, I like the plain vanilla Android phones more than the others with crapware from the phone companies that you'll never use.
    Most everything I say is

thats about the thought I had, if you already have one, if you don't have one, grab the latest one so it'll be supported in the future
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Yeah I think I'll get the latest - I've never had like the 'very latest' thing so it'll be pretty cool to finally get there.
    Hi there, I'm only 20 years old but I'm creating my own disabled driving organization - it's growing rapidly everyday and currently features hundreds of pages of useful content you can't find elsewhere.

Visit my hand controls website for more information.

Or you can visit my website's blog where I outline what's happening and my plans for the future.

You can also see my story here.

I was sold on this phone until I heard about the new iphone in the fall ... bigger screen may be the selling point for me to join the Apple craze.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Yea they'll have a bigger screen and everyone will ooh and aahh like it's the first time a phone manufacturer has ever thought to make a screen that big, even though there have been Android phones with screens that big and bigger for years. Like with every "new" thing that Apple adds to their phones they have normally already been on Android for awhile.

I'd take the year and a half old Galaxy S2 over the new iPhone any day.
    Most everything I say is

Apple...I hate them so much I have an iMac, replaced my iphone 3gs with a 4s, have an ipad2. Our kids have ipod touch, my wife has an iphone 4s and a mac laptop....lol

I hate Apple because the fact cannot avoided that they are the most popular gadget out there and everyone seems to have an apple product. It grates with the idea I have of myself as being this cool iconoclastic, rugged individualist.

Apple...you utter bastards!...lol

ooh I hear there's a new macbook pro out...oooh it's really thin too...
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

And I can hardly wait to ask #Siri some existential questions whose performance is also supposed to be improved.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I currently have a Galaxy Nexus. It's a great phone, and I've had 3 different iPhones before it. The Apple obsession is getting on my nerves.

http://www.google.com/nexus/

The Nexus is a steal at $349... contract-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Bell View Post
    I've never had a really really cool phone and I don't like the idea of being locked into an ecosystem such as like Apple's created so an Iphone isn't for me.

On the other hand from what I can tell there doesn't seem to be a big improvement going from the S2 to the S3 so I'm wondering if I should save myself the money and just get the s2?

Which is the best on a performance to cost ration?
    Not much difference performance-wise IMO. But then again, I am not a power user. I use the S3 the same way I used my S2, upgraded because I lost the latter.

If you are getting the S2, do check user reviews of the version. My wife and I use different versions. Her unit hangs very often which we discovered is a common problem for that version.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/