Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dr. young, what do you know..........

dr. young, what do you know..........

about nogo antibody and research in europe from dr.martin shwab´s and novartis company?
    he show complete recovery in arms and hands in cervical injuries and more recoveries in monkeys and rats with no side effects.
    thanks.

excuse my english.

isildur, I know nothing more about this than you do, from the postings on this site. I am glad to hear that Novartis is excited about these results and that they seem to be going forward. Wise.

dr. young. hi,i hope everything is going great. i have a question. would you please tell us what combination your lab is working on now and what are the results so far? thanks so much

[This message was edited by kz on 04-26-04 at 10:20 AM.]

We are currently working on combining either OEG or neural stem cells transplants with chondroitinase or L1, and planning to include GDNF, cAMP/Rolipram, and methylprednisolone. Wise.

thanks dr. young. i wish you the best and i hope you get good result rather fast, i have been waiting for cure for 25 years now.

Its wierd when stuff like this begins to sound like beautiful music!

combining either OEG or neural stem cells transplants with chondroitinase or L1, and planning to include GDNF, cAMP/Rolipram, and methylprednisolone
    Good Work Dr.Young.

We all know you're the BEST!

I Think a lot of discoveies about sci stay in labs for too long before it comes to human trial. I remember reading about NOGO in 1988 (16 years ago)and still there is no human trial yet.

[This message was edited by kz on 04-27-04 at 09:58 AM.]

kz,

Martin Schwab discovered in 1988 that some protein is a nerve growth inhibitor (he called it NI 236 - or some other number). At that time, the gene technology tools we have today weren't available and it took about four years to find an antibody, which he called IN-1.

As far as I remember, both Strittmatter and Schwab, deciphered the large inhibitor protein genetically and published the results in 12-2000. Martin Schwab coined the term Nogo. Actually, Nogo-A is the major nerve growth inhibitor in the CNS amongst other MAG (myelin-associated glycoproteins). The antibody 11C7 developed by Novartis is based on the genetic information of Nogo-A and, is therefore specifically targeted against the human Nogo-A . So you cannot make a direct comparison between Nogo-A and IN-1.

http://www.hifo.unizh.ch/research/ne.../index.en.html

http://www.icb.ufmg.br/~lbcd/prodabi..._2003_5393.pdf

Dr. Young,

Are you working with acute injuries, chronic injuries, or both?

-Steven
    "Sometimes, its enough to plant the seed, walk away, and let the flower grow on its own."

wilfried,
    thanks for your respons, but still i think a lot of discoreries about sci stay in the labs for too long before they apply to human, although i am very glad that they are doing NOGO ON MONKEY now and the results seem to be very great . i hope they start human trial soon. please let me know when they start chronic human trial, thanks so much