Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: service dog and other dogs in home?

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Since you are going for training very soon, it will be important to work with the trainers there to address this situation during training with the service dog you will be matched up with, so not only are the dogs prepared and understand boundaries and roles (as pet and worker), but that YOU learn how to work with and manage them, especially if there are specific/special things to consider re the working dog - given its role/function and its disposition.

I also had a cci dog, but no other dogs in the house. But the center/trainers were very good at addressing the individual issues and needs of team members, and working through and problem solving throughout training.
    The organization knows about the dogs i have and their temperament. I work with a trainer fri. he's coming to my house and he has a super well trained golden he's bringing with him to help warm my dogs up to another coming in the house. im also going to work with him when i come back. both of my dogs are seniors so they're very mellow

Quote Originally Posted by spasticXfantastic View Post
    no, i lived on the NEADS campus for 2 weeks which is in a different state. we would go home on the weekend with our new service dog.
    the weekend inbetween i had my dad bring the other dogs to the park and introdiuced them to weezie there and then they were kept seperate for that weekend. the next weekend when i came home for good we did the same thing, and after that, they just kind of became friends.
    do you walk your service dog with your other dogs? because i walk my pit 2 miles everyday and i think thats very long to take the service dog with me, because it will be with me all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnypaston View Post
    Your dog should run to the entrance when someone gets on it all my own do or set up a boasting mild instead of a buzzing on your entrance with other dog. Sometimes it happens and so there might be very curcial training to make it behave like co-operative with each other.
    Your signature is bordering on spam, and you don't appear to know anything about service dogs or disability. Clearly English is not your language. Why are you posting here?

(KLD)

CCI in Ohio never told me there couldnt be another dog in the home.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnypaston View Post
    Your dog should run to the entrance when someone gets on it all my own do or set up a boasting mild instead of a buzzing on your entrance with other dog. Sometimes it happens and so there might be very curcial training to make it behave like co-operative with each other.
    hunh???