Thread: shoulder-arm pain

shoulder-arm pain

I am a C6 level SCI, had a car accident 8 yrs back. I had multiple fractures in my cervical vertebras.
    For the past 3 months i am feeling excessive pain in my shoulders and arms. Left shoulder pains more then the right (can't lift the left arm straight up). feel feverish also becoz of pain.
    I have been doing physio-exercises for many yrs (wt bearing on the arms). Never had pain before untill last few months. Taking a gap in exercise for 2-3 days reduces the pain..but it again returns re-starting the exercises.

Head to a doctor and have it accessed. It may be your rotator cuff. I am going through something similar at the moment.
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." - My Grammie

Doctor, yes. Also, can you consult with a Physical Therapist who is familiar with neurological injury? Therapist can make sure the exercises you are doing are helping your problem, not making it worse.
    I recently finished 6 weeks of therapy for aching shoulder and 90% of pain is gone, and I continue at home with about 4 specific exercises - nothing heavy.
    Good luck to you!

doctor give pain killer tabs, which only give temperory relief...what should i tell doctor or physio. what exactly i need to do to get relief of the pain. plz suggest me.