Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meds

Meds

Nurse can overmix of morphine and xanex combined cause asphixiation or heart stoppage..
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

I am in no way qualified to answer your question, but I'm pretty sure Morphine can cause breathing and/or heart issues. Maybe you should contact your doctor as soon as possible if you are having problems.

Stormy, the answer is definitely yes! Both of those medications can suppress respiration; combining the two increase the risk that your breathing could slow so much that you asphyxiate.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Indeed they can. I can't find the link but apparently this is a bigger problem with methadone because it stays in your system a lot longer.

Virtually all opioids (natural or artificial) have the ability to suppress respirations, and in overdose, the most common cause of death is the person stops breathing.

This can also be the case with sedatives such as Xanax, Valium, Ativan, and other drugs in this class. Mixing alcohol with these drugs can make respiratory suppression much more likely, even in small doses.

(KLD)

K thnxs
    I am the highway
    I am the sky
    I am the lightning

Why do you ask? I saw your thread in the Life forum.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Anything mixed w/ xanax can kill you. That shit is lethal. I lost another friend last week.

Too bad, it's a useful drug. But it makes ppl forgetful and they take more. PPL need to get their dosage out and lock the rest up. It's a Rx drug holocaust. Accidental od's outpaced car wrecks for accidental deaths in the US some years ago.

With the cocktail of drugs I take, I had them get me a pill box with the days of the week....and one for morning and one for the afternoon. This way I know just by looking at what's left if I've taken the drugs when I should. I did'nt want one of the darned things at first.....but have come to like using it a lot. Before if I was'nt sure if I had taken my meds.....I skipped it so I would'nt OD. Now I know for sure.......

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Anything mixed w/ xanax can kill you. That shit is lethal. I lost another friend last week.

Too bad, it's a useful drug. But it makes ppl forgetful and they take more. PPL need to get their dosage out and lock the rest up. It's a Rx drug holocaust. Accidental od's outpaced car wrecks for accidental deaths in the US some years ago.
    Im sorry Beth poor luv,, did he accidently OD? Thnxs fer input

To the last thread question I ask because thats part of my med scrip intake and wanted to know.. Thnxs
    I am the highway
    I am the sky
    I am the lightning