Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is gonna sound pety but I have to talk to talk to someone~

Mona, it sounds as if this person needs to find another kind of work setting altogether. I know that I could not tolerate the behaviors and attitudes you're describing. In your shoes, I'd just have to let her go - with blessings and best wishes for her to find a position where she can shine.

IMHO, you have EARNED so much right to vent, by being so unfailingly positive and intentionally helpful, I wouldn't sweat this one. Let it out! Fire this one and move on.

On the other hand, it could also be viewed as an opportunity to upgrade your awareness of the Christ-Consciousness inside of you. Not that you need it. I aspire to be able to output such consistent positivity as you do.

Maybe this person has been put into your path for her benefit?

Anyway, good luck with this one. You definitely don't deserve the stress!!!

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

At first I thought your thread was funny but I see now where your worker is annoying you. Atleast you speak up, but I think that makes her want to do it more just to antagonize. If you let her go, how long does it take till you get a new worker?

Thanks for listening. It's out of my hands. We don't even talk by email but she just sent me one. Get this-----------

Mona,
    I resigning my position. Although I believe you are a good person I feel my caregiving is better suited for others.
    Thank you for the opportunity to care for you.
    Cindy ****
    Not any notice. No time to find anyone else. Just good bye 1 hr 15 mins before time to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    IMHO, you have EARNED so much right to vent, by being so unfailingly positive and intentionally helpful, I wouldn't sweat this one. Let it out! Fire this one and move on.

On the other hand, it could also be viewed as an opportunity to upgrade your awareness of the Christ-Consciousness inside of you. Not that you need it. I aspire to be able to output such consistent positivity as you do.

Maybe this person has been put into your path for her benefit?

Anyway, good luck with this one. You definitely don't deserve the stress!!!

Thanks Dale I appreciate your kind words and I always think maybe it's not just for me. Maybe I need to grow & help them.

Maybe she is a member of CCC.

Well...she recognized the situation on her own and spared you a confrontation, which is a boon. But not giving notice is just awful. If she works through an agency, they need to know about this and find someone to fill in. Aaargh!

I don't think so Patton but who knows maybe?

No Agency. My morning lady is coming. That means with Karen out she'll be working 7 mornings & 7 nights. I know someone that wants a job but they have to go thru the hire process. I better get busy.
    I wrote her back & said when's your last day.
    She said "for the best of all concerned yesterday"

eta ..... I wrote the pART below the quote while the last few post were made, so what I have to say is moot. She is obviously right about being more suited to a different caregiving situation, but to give you no notice at all!! VERY unprofessional!

I would want to tell her that in that case, you certainly would not be able to give her a good reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    Constant things I've asked her not to do she does. She's use to all the control & just won't let go. Like "do we need to charge your cell? " Please don't ask me that. No we don't. I take care of that by myself. She'll ask me again the next day. I'm 60 yrs old & she treats me like a child. I told her let me do everything I can do! You're here to help do the things I can't. Don't limit me please.
    This is the big thing. Whether it annoys you that she talks to things, or any other traits, wouldn't be a dealbreaker, I could see that it might be such a habit, it would be hard to break. (Not saying you are being petty about it, you aren't, just that if she was good, I might suck it up and deal with it).

BUT! She isn't even trying to stop, and wants to be in control. Like you said, that is what her old job was. But in this job SHE works for YOU!.

I think maybe sit down with her, and try one last time to discuss it, and point out that it will mean her job if she can't meet your expectations. You may have to remind her that she has a different "clientele" so to speak?

But, unless your injured aide knows she will be back on the job shortly, this one may well have to go.
    Last edited by sjean423; 06-28-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    I wrote her back & said when's your last day. She said "for the best of all concerned yesterday"
    Well, yes, in a perfect world...but you need help until she can be replaced! Very unprofessional. I hope that Karen will be able to help you find someone else, and am so glad she's agreed to help out. Maybe the person you know about who wants to work can go through the hire process in an expedited fashion. Fingers crossed!