Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: program failure

program failure

I am attempting to design a new logo, and my design program stops working a few minutes into my work. I have used this same program for years, but not for several months. Any thoughts on how I can coerrect this problem? Thanks.

Given the information you have given about the program you are using and what os you are running I would say it is the flux capacitor.

What is a flux capacitor? How do I correct it?

what hardware/software are you using?

I have an HP Pavilion lap top. The program is Print Master Platinum 18. I have been using both for about 3-4 years. It appears that I can import art work, but the program stops when I fiddle with fonts, and fonts is what is needed with this job. The client wants to see what the name will look like in various font styles, and embellishments.
    Thanks if you can help get this thing going for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SoFla View Post
    I have an HP Pavilion lap top. The program is Print Master Platinum 18. I have been using both for about 3-4 years. It appears that I can import art work, but the program stops when I fiddle with fonts, and fonts is what is needed with this job. The client wants to see what the name will look like in various font styles, and embellishments.
    Thanks if you can help get this thing going for me.
    May be a corrupted file. If you still have the installation disc, you might want to skip the poke-n-hope and cut to the chase and remove/reinstall the program.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by SoFla View Post
    What is a flux capacitor? How do I correct it?
    You reply by saying "Stop being a Dick, Movie Buff Nerd! I'm a novice user in regard to the technology of my computer use. What information would be helpful in solving my problem so I can get back to work?"

You also might want to include your Operating System in that reply.
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

that is what I would do if you hav'nt done that recently. if removing the program and reloading it does not work, wipe the computer and restore it using your factory restore disc. I have a graphics program that was a download, but I was able to get a disc for not too much money, and reload after wiping my computer and using the restore disc that came with the computer. operating system is like windows, mac, xp, visa ect. your os will need updates after restoring using the restore disc so your computer will be like it was when you bought it.
    Last edited by jody; 06-28-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    that is what I would do if you hav'nt done that recently. if removing the program and reloading it does not work, wipe the computer and restore it using your factory restore disc. I have a graphics program that was a download, but I was able to get a disc for not too much money, and reload after wiping my computer and using the restore disc that came with the computer. operating system is like windows, mac, xp, visa ect. your os will need updates after restoring using the restore disc so your computer will be like it was when you bought it.
    A less invasive procedure you might try first would be to use a pre-problem "restore point" if your OS provides that possibility.
    Foolish

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    You reply by saying "Stop being a Dick, Movie Buff Nerd! I'm a novice user in regard to the technology of my computer use. What information would be helpful in solving my problem so I can get back to work?"
    You dimed me! I don't give a rat's behind what makes my machine work. I just want it to do what I tell it to do.