Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: program failure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

program failure

I am attempting to design a new logo, and my design program stops working a few minutes into my work. I have used this same program for years, but not for several months. Any thoughts on how I can coerrect this problem? Thanks.

Given the information you have given about the program you are using and what os you are running I would say it is the flux capacitor.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Given the information you have given about the program you are using and what os you are running I would say it is the flux capacitor.
    Now where is this at exactly?

Two reasons programs stop corrupted files and registry error. If you have the install discs or installer still around install it again. It may even provide a repair option.

What is a flux capacitor? How do I correct it?

what hardware/software are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by SoFla View Post
    What is a flux capacitor? How do I correct it?
    You reply by saying "Stop being a Dick, Movie Buff Nerd! I'm a novice user in regard to the technology of my computer use. What information would be helpful in solving my problem so I can get back to work?"

You also might want to include your Operating System in that reply.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    You reply by saying "Stop being a Dick, Movie Buff Nerd! I'm a novice user in regard to the technology of my computer use. What information would be helpful in solving my problem so I can get back to work?"
    You dimed me! I don't give a rat's behind what makes my machine work. I just want it to do what I tell it to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post

You also might want to include your Operating System in that reply.
    I thought it was a funny way to ask which program and os he was running. Or you could call me a dick, either works for me.

BTW, If you are importing a file from someone running Windows 7 you need to upgrade to 18.1, version 18 would be looking for non existent fonts.
    Last edited by t8burst; 06-28-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: speelling

I thought it was a funny way to ask which program and os he was running. Or you could call me a dick, either works for me.

BTW, If you are importing a file from someone running Windows 7 you need to upgrade to 18.1, version 18 would be looking for non existent fonts.
    Chiding you. I smiled at your reply and put a wink emoticon in mine. As an admitted tech illiterate and pure poke-n-hope guy, I've always resented Nerds with attitude. Too often, snark reveals a lack of confidence by an IT "expert" that they can live up to the title of tech god that they would claim. Stressed Users with problems need and want help, not scolding. BTW, Imma big fan of BTTF.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

I have Vista. How out of date am I?