Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fentanyl

Quote Originally Posted by avictoria View Post
    Please I hope you're doing this under your doctor's supervision. The general rule for an opiate taper is 10% per week. You might want to do a google search on fentanyl withdrawal. If you decrease too quickly you might have some very nasty withdrawal symptoms. Your doc should be involved in this.
    After 2 years on the 100's I'm now on 75's, (for three days now) the pain has not increased. I'll stay with the 75's for 15 days (this is how many patches I have) and see what happens. At that time I'll drop to the 50's. My doc knows this is what I want to do and he is okay about it as long as I contact him if I should have withdrawals. Thanks for the concern.
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Garyis twice a year i stop all my pain meds to make sure i am still treating pain and not taking something just because its prescribed, and so far far in 12 years i have gone back crying to ,y meds to okease work faster.

Smile Getting off duragesic

Quote Originally Posted by Garyis View Post
    Yes! This is what I'm hoping for, that the pain level doesn't increase, AND, I would be off the fentynal! I could use a clear head. And yeah, NOTHING has ever helped it either.

Thanks for the input on this.
    hI EVERYONE,tHIS MEDICATION IS A BAD ONE.IVE BEEN ON IT FOR 7 YEARS NOW FROM 100'S TO 75'S.IM TIRED OF TAKING IT AS WHEN THE MED STARTS TO DEPLETE (2ND DAY)IM IN BED WITH PAIN.MY DOCTOR HAS PRESCRIBED AVIDEX ? 60MG AND TO TAPER OFF DURAGESIC FOR 4-5 DAYS BEFORE I START AND CHANGED MY VICODAN TO PERCODAN,BEEN SICK IN PAIN SINCE 1990 BUT FEEL ITS GETTING WORSE.I USE 1 75 PATCH EVERY TWO DAYS BECAUSE OF THE HEAT HERE IN SOUTH FLA,IT DEPLEATS THE MEDICATION,DOESNT SMELL ANYTHING LIKE BREAD,LOL KIND OF A WEIRD MOLD SMELL I GUESS.NOW J&J WILL NO LONGER SUPPLY THE FREE BIOCLUSIVE COVERING SO I CAN SWIM,SHOWER ETC I SAID ITS TIME TO GO,A BOX OF BIOCLUSIVE DRESSING IS $98.00,THEY MUST BE CRAZY OR REALIZE THEIR PRODUCT DURAGESIC HAS GONE GENERIC,WHAT BAD PEOPLE.