Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: visit from claims adjuster

visit from claims adjuster

I am wondering why, after a 4 year period of time since my accident, my insurance claims adjuster would want to come by for a visit to my house. Would this be considered to be normal? I'm anxious to meet her. We have shared a good relationship either through my attorney or, briefly on the phone. I have nothing to try and hide from her since I have always been honest and sincere. None the less, its got me scratching my head just a little. Anybody else have this experience to advise me?
    I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

If this is for disability insurance then I would simply warn you that these people are not your friends.

visit from claims adjuster

I had simular problems/issues...called my lawyer and he took care of it. My lawyer told me do not talk to anyone about your accident without first consulting me..also sent him any letters I received about it. Hope this helps.
    Helga

Talk to your lawyer ASAP. They are not just making a friendly visit for fun. They want something, and its not to your benefit, you can be assured of that!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

You say "my insurance claims adjuster." Unless you hired her to handle your claim, she is not yours. She is the insurance company's. Run this request for a visit past your lawyer. Visit? Ha!!! She's not coming for chat over a cup of coffee!

I believe that I am getting the point, loud and, clear. I have a little time before she plans to visit me. I will consult a few others by then I hope.

What type of insurance? Worker's comp? Health insurance? Long term disability? Long term care? There are lots of different types of insurances that this may apply to.

(KLD)

The insurance we are referring to is that which presently is paying all the bills for items needed related to the accident. Wheelchairs, dressings, cath's, etc.. His auto insurance paying me for what is related to the accident. I hope that is clearer. It didn't seem to matter with those who have already responded though.

i'll repeat WITH EMPHASIS what was said above: Consult your attorney FIRST. auto ins. personal injury claims carry a limit based on the policyholder's discretion. a low limit is 25k, a high one is 100k. in my case, i was paid what the policyholder's limit was, flat out.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtop1 View Post
    The insurance we are referring to is that which presently is paying all the bills for items needed related to the accident. Wheelchairs, dressings, cath's, etc.. His auto insurance paying me for what is related to the accident. I hope that is clearer. It didn't seem to matter with those who have already responded though.
    I'm a insurance agent. Do not talk to claims without your lawyer. Trust me.