Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipad

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    NL and I are considering getting an ipad, but as a C6/7 complete quad, I have limited use since I have difficulty with the various pinch and swipe hand strokes. With the current Lion operating system, I don't find accessibility features all the great...that said, maybe the Mountain Lion operating system will be better for quads.

All the best,
    GJ
    Get hold of one GJ and have a play with the accessibility functions, I have mine set to poke and prod etc. rather than the "impossible for a Quad" pinch and swipe motions and can manage it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    Get hold of one GJ and have a play with the accessibility functions, I have mine set to poke and prod etc. rather than the "impossible for a Quad" pinch and swipe motions and can manage it easily.
    Thanks Timaru. We'll probably get one for NL anyway and I will play with it. I was discouraged after playing with her new MacBook Pro. I found the track pad pretty difficult and my attempts to navigate around with accessibility features on were pretty limited. Mountain Lion (to be released later this month) accessibility features are supposed to be enhanced from earlier versions.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    ... I was discouraged after playing with her new MacBook Pro. ... Mountain Lion (to be released later this month) accessibility features are supposed to be enhanced from earlier versions...
    iPad does not use the same OS and Mac laptops/desktops. It is iOS for iPad.

I have an iPad 2 and lov it. My son is a c6/7 and has used it without any problems.

In the light of all these experiences, I will look forward to playing with the ipad we get for NL.

"MSspouse," from what I read about Mountain Lion, all platforms will use that basic OSX. But, I only read one review, so I may be off the mark.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by Doxy View Post
    Get an android based table like Asus Prime.
    Cheaper and more bang for your buck.
    I agree. Unless you have a really good reason, the Android tablets are 25-50% less and virtually all the functionality most use.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    You might be able to use a stylus as a mouthstick and use it that way. I can use my Ipod touch pretty good with my homemade mouthstick stylus.
    Well, I bought one (16 gig Ipad 3.) That makes two computers I don't know how to use (this one, and it.) Now looking at mounts, telescoping styluses, etc.

It apparently has free Dragon apps to download, so there must be some voice control?
    Last edited by alan; 07-21-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I just bought an ipad mini, but I'm having trouble with the screen icons. I read that the screen uses the conductivity of the fingers to work. If I am a C4 quad, would the conductivity of my pinky finger be compromised?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    You might be able to use a stylus as a mouthstick and use it that way. I can use my Ipod touch pretty good with my homemade mouthstick stylus.
    I've never used a mouthstick.

I have no bed mount yet. When I do find one, I suppose I'll need a telescoping stylus?
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbill View Post
    I just bought an ipad mini, but I'm having trouble with the screen icons. I read that the screen uses the conductivity of the fingers to work. If I am a C4 quad, would the conductivity of my pinky finger be compromised?
    I have this problem on my Nook but only for one job and I think it has more to do with my fingernail hitting first. If you have a splint that holds a pen there are styluses made especially for those of us with conductivity issues. For basic swipes to turn pages or run the menus the side of my hand works as well as finger tips. Yes, at C4 you probably have conductivity issues.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.