Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipad

Ipad

I struggle remembering things and so i was considering buying an Ipad. Not only for organisation but also moies music reading ect. I have messed around with a couple although i was wondering if anyone else has an ipad and what they think of it. I have a few friends with them but never really seen them use if for anything but email. Facebook and ga. Well i have a therapist who uses it for other stuff. I would like more input on the Ipad.

Love it, typing on it now. Great for research, web cruising, accounting, print from, notes, idiot thoughts that run in my head. Magazines, music from this to apple tv, can't say enough about it. I have a laptop, never use it. I Mac too, like that, at a desk, big 27 inch. With cloud it takes the "clouds" from my bad memory. Notes that are legible, even after a week, unlike my handwriting. Contacts, phone#'s, addresses, pictures. You won't be sorry, I never was.

Doctors office uses about 4 of them at the front desk, to show people billing, scripts etc. too!

Although I haven't had a chance to rig it up on her chair yet, I bought one for my wife to encourage her to tilt back for pressure relief. She is completely addicted to TV and will not lie back unless she can watch something. Netflix works great and we have EyeTV set up so she can watch and record free over-the-air TV.

Besides games and entertainment, there are many control utilities. We have a Pioneer stereo that can be controlled by the iOS app. There are home automation interfaces. Apps to replace all your remote controls. I use the LogMeIn app to remotely access my home and work PCs. iPads are big in the aviation community for navigation.

Battery life is better than laptops and is actually a non-issue with a power chair. It turns out may USB charging adapters will accept up to 24V input. Along with a custom iPad mount, I'm going to add an automotive style socket so she can easily charge any USB device directly from the power chair batteries.

I only wish I'd waited a bit longer. The previous generation iPad 2 64GB models are down to $489.

Love my iPad. Use it constantly. Great for when in hospitals too, or waiting rooms, or just when bedridden. I have the new one, it is heavier than the 2 but the screen is better. Typed this on my iPad in fact.

How would I (deteriorating C-5) use one in bed?
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Alan, there's a variety of stands you can use, depending on what position you sleep in.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ipad+stand+for+bed
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    How would I (deteriorating C-5) use one in bed?
    You might be able to use a stylus as a mouthstick and use it that way. I can use my Ipod touch pretty good with my homemade mouthstick stylus.

NL and I are considering getting an ipad, but as a C6/7 complete quad, I have limited use since I have difficulty with the various pinch and swipe hand strokes. With the current Lion operating system, I don't find accessibility features all the great...that said, maybe the Mountain Lion operating system will be better for quads.

All the best,
    GJ

Get an android based table like Asus Prime.
    Cheaper and more bang for your buck.