Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: witch shower chair do you prefer

would the anitips and basket thing that holds the poop pot come off this one
    it looks comfortable

http://activeaid.com/products/rehab-shower/model-922/
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    would the anitips and basket thing that holds the poop pot come off this one
    it looks comfortable
    http://activeaid.com/products/rehab-shower/model-922/
    I think the tub underneath the chair would certainly come off. As for the antitippers, why would you want them to come off. This is a shower/commode chair and especially in the shower, the safety that the antitippers provide is a plus not a minus. No one is going to judge you in a negative light that you have antitippers on your commode/shower chair (unless of course that bothers you...hmmm).

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I think the tub underneath the chair would certainly come off. As for the antitippers, why would you want them to come off. This is a shower/commode chair and especially in the shower, the safety that the antitippers provide is a plus not a minus. No one is going to judge you in a negative light that you have antitippers on your commode/shower chair (unless of course that bothers you...hmmm).

All the best,
    GJ
    my shower has a hump getting in in and want to make sure the tips dont drag the tile and get me hung up
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

My concern with these is the logistics and safety of transferring in and out of them. They just seem a bit tough to transfer into, and for transferring out of, when everything is wet and slippery, they seem tough too.

Especially if you are transferring from a normal manual. I just don't see how you could do that safely. That means you would have to transfer from a bed to the shower chair and back, and this is logistically very tricky to do since one already has the manual in place by the bed to get into. I guess it could work if you had two free sides on the bed, but I don't.

I have a Raz chair. It's very good but only for home use. Too big and heavy to carry around.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"