Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chad needs glasses

re the two contacts .... a friend of mine has 2 different contacts, one for distance, one for reading, she said it took a while to get used to, but it is automatic now ..... kind of like a kids lazy eye.

Wonder if you could do 2 lenses in the glasses?

I was just at the optometrist today. I REALLY like him, and don't want to change, but the glaucoma test, HAS to be done in the chair, b/c the setup has to be just right. (And him getting that close to my eyeball, I don't want it not just right.) Everything else, he could do from my chair. Well, his chair is NOT set up for an easy transfer ..... not enough room to get my chair in place well. So my daughter (20) helps me transfer .... basically does it herself actually. We have a lot of experience, and she hasn't dropped me yet, lol. But, the whole point of the story, is I guess she really scared the optometrist today! He gasped, and had to leave the room. I guess he thought I was a goner! (And, neither she nor I thought it went badly ....)

Yea, getting old sucks. And bifocals make me nauseous. I was wondering if it was cuz I was rolling and not walking? And, they don't work to read in bed.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    re the two contacts .... a friend of mine has 2 different contacts, one for distance, one for reading, she said it took a while to get used to, but it is automatic now ..... kind of like a kids lazy eye.

Wonder if you could do 2 lenses in the glasses?

I was just at the optometrist today. I REALLY like him, and don't want to change, but the glaucoma test, HAS to be done in the chair, b/c the setup has to be just right. (And him getting that close to my eyeball, I don't want it not just right.) Everything else, he could do from my chair. Well, his chair is NOT set up for an easy transfer ..... not enough room to get my chair in place well. So my daughter (20) helps me transfer .... basically does it herself actually. We have a lot of experience, and she hasn't dropped me yet, lol. But, the whole point of the story, is I guess she really scared the optometrist today! He gasped, and had to leave the room. I guess he thought I was a goner! (And, neither she nor I thought it went badly ....)

Yea, getting old sucks. And bifocals make me nauseous. I was wondering if it was cuz I was rolling and not walking? And, they don't work to read in bed.
    Yes, you can do that with lenses because that is how mine are. I had cataract surgery on one eye a number of years ago so have two different lenses. My other eye needs surgery. Instead of going 100% on each eye, one eye will be near sighted, the other farsighted. I have learned to switch while reading, driving etc. rain just naturally adjusts.

Also, if progressive lens are done poorly--they suck. My husband had a air and hated them. He got a new optometrist and when done properly, there is little to no adjusting, etc
    Every day I wake up is a good one

The optometrist we saw was AWESOME. He did the whole exam manually "old school", holding lenses up in front of his eyes because we couldn't transfer chad to the chair in the room. He couldn't do the air poof test, but other than that, he was very thorough and incredibly nice.

Thanks for the links to the inexpensive glasses GJ, I appreciate that and will look into it. I was planning to go to Sams where frames are $80 and lenses (cheap ones, plain) are $40, but its worth looking into those as well.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Yup, that is the test I need to get every 6 months for pressure, otherwise we wouldn't bother to transfer ..... But, I really like my optometrist, and can't really fault him for having a tiny old office.

Other than that, he is accessible, except one day, when I went to pick up my glasses, and they were pouring the concrete sidewalk at the accessible door. The entrance on the other side of the building had stairs.

Needless to say, I got car-side service.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005